Palestinian protest at Disneyland on Saturday

March 11, 2024, 2:17 PM

There was a noisy and disruptive protest on Saturday afternoon on Harbor Blvd in front of Disneyland by pro-Palestinian protesters. The southbound lanes of Harbor Blvd were shut down for at least 30-40 minutes, the employee bus was stopped from entering the resort at Harbor Blvd & Disney Way, and the entire transit area was shut down with hotel shuttles and local buses unable to enter. There were a dozen Anaheim police officers on horseback patrolling the street and dozens of Disneyland security people on Harbor Blvd. People exiting the resort on the Harbor Blvd side were routed through the employee entrance entrance closer to Disneyland park.

Why was there no coverage on Disney parks blogs or the local media?

Replies (4)

March 11, 2024, 2:20 PM

Because there are protests near Disneyland *all the time*. News covers things that are out of the ordinary.

March 11, 2024, 2:30 PM

Robert, I've been to Disneyland resort dozens of times over the past decade and have never seen a demonstration that shut down Harbor Blvd before with a dozen Anaheim police officers on horseback patrolling the street.

The visitors who couldn't use the drop-off/pickup area, get on a shuttle to their hotel, or had to walk out of their way to exit the park didn't seem to think that the protest was ordinary.

March 11, 2024, 5:18 PM

Probably because we don't need a heated debate about this in the comments section. I have no interest in reading this kind of news on this site. I want news about the theme parks :)

March 11, 2024, 10:49 PM

I must have caught the off week of no protests then....

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive