Welcome to our new look!

October 6, 2014, 10:59 AM

I just finished uploading the big project I've been working on for the past two months (well, one of the big projects...) - our new site design.

First, I have to give a huge shout-out and thanks to Brian for his graphical design work on this new look. I love all the ideas that he brought to the table for this, and none of this would have happened without him. So thanks, again, to Brian.

A few notes: If you are a registered member of the site, go ahead and click on your "Profile" link at the top of the page to see your new profile page. If you click the "[EDIT]" link under your "ABOUT" description, you can make changes to your profile, including adding your social media links.

If you click the image icon over on the left of your new profile page, you can upload a new photo, which will appear next to all your future posts on the site. You will need a square image for that, so go pick out a nice photo and edit it to equal height and width before you upload.

The other big change is that reply forms for discussions, blogs and location ratings now appear at the bottom of those pages, rather than requiring an extra click to another page. We hope that will encourage more participation on the site.

As with any redesign, we will be squashing bugs for a while, so if you find one, please email me at themeparkinsider@gmail.com, or reply below.

We hope that you will enjoy this new look for the site, and that it might inspire you not just to feel more comfortable hanging out with us here, but maybe to spread to word to some fellow theme park fans, too!

Replies (13)

October 6, 2014, 11:03 AM

Looks great.

October 6, 2014, 11:39 AM

Thanks Greg

October 6, 2014, 12:24 PM

Needs a post count so we can see when new posts have happened if readers haven't visited in a while.

October 6, 2014, 1:54 PM

Very nice. I like the new look! And it does make it easier to reply...

October 6, 2014, 2:33 PM

Kind of wish that community was labeled Forums. Was kind of confusing.

October 6, 2014, 2:58 PM

Added the post counts to the discussion front page.

Edited: October 6, 2014, 5:15 PM

There are a lot of bugs we are fixing at the moment, but it's a slow process. For right now I recommend you use Chrome, it's less buggy on there.

Edited: October 6, 2014, 6:25 PM

Nice work, gang! Appreciate the desire to keep moving forward and make the site better every day.

October 6, 2014, 9:13 PM

So was this a father/son project?

The last time I did a father/son project with my own dad, it rained for four days, cancelling all of our activities, the rest of the boy scouts had disappeared, probably eaten by bears, I was grounded, and dad's truck had been washed down into a gully by the flood waters.

Great job Brian!

October 6, 2014, 10:01 PM

This upgrade is great. The site felt somewhat dated before so while the design is still simple it's much improved.

October 6, 2014, 11:11 PM

Simplicity is key! Now if only TPI could include an optional mobile version of the site so reading the articles and posts were easier on the eyes on say an iPhone... ??

October 6, 2014, 11:49 PM

Whoa, that was unexpected when I opened the website.

Overall, looks great, and I especially dig the new profile features.

Super small thing, but for sake of consistency, I think it'd look nicer if the "YouTube" circle at the top was replaced with the play-button icon used elsewhere on line to represent YouTube. Otherwise, it's the only one that's spelled out and therefore sticks out.

October 10, 2014, 6:05 AM

Very nice and professional.. It's almost like you run a web site......hahahahaha

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive