Will Movies Rebuild Future World?

November 8, 2014, 4:48 PM

So I just got back from seeing Big Hero 6 (I liked it better than Frozen), and all the great technology they showed in the film would be a great ride in Future World. Also, there was a preview for "Inside Out", which is a perfect fit for Future World as well. So this brings me to my question: Will Big Hero 6 and Inside Out put Future World back on the map?

Replies (5)

November 8, 2014, 4:55 PM

Maybe, I see a better fit for Innoventions.

I honestly do not have a problem with Disney IP being part of EPCOT, as long as they fit and still serve a purpose. Nemo in the Living Seas fits because you can have animated fish, but still be educational. Even Turtle Talk throws in a couple of Sea Turtle facts.

November 12, 2014, 9:20 PM

After seeing Big Hero 6 over the weekend, I think it would be perfect for Innoventions.

November 13, 2014, 4:15 AM

Special Agent Anthony Murphy writes: "I honestly do not have a problem with Disney IP being part of EPCOT ..."

I Respond: So now we're supposed to be honest in these posts. The whole system is out of control!

November 13, 2014, 11:24 AM

I love the idea that an attraction can teach and inspire and hope that Disney will continue to look to develop such attractions for Epcot's Future World. If Disney can do that better with its own IP than by trying to leverage corporate sponsors who want a commercial for their product included in the attraction... then, go for it, Disney! What I would hate to lose is the effort to educate as well as entertain.

November 13, 2014, 10:00 PM

Without giving too much away, this movie surrounds the building of robots and other science equipment (gasp!).

Isn't that sort of Innoventions point?

Then again, Disney IP has been in EPCOT for awhile. Circle of Life?

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive