Tokyo Disney Resort Trip

November 30, 2014, 11:26 PM

Want to thank Robert for his reccomendation to try and go to Tokyo Disney. I have a family member that works for an airline, so I found flights during Thanksgiving week. I then read the review of how to visit TDR and started planning.

The exchange rate in November was the US dollar being worth 1.17 to the yen. That was a huge savings on everything.

Departed on a 13 hour flight on Sunday morning and arrived in Japan at 2pm on Monday. Cleared customs and went to Limo Bus counter and got tickets for $22 each. The bus took us to the Sheraton Hotel.

Entered the Sheraton and was greeted by english speaking staff. We had a room with two queen beds for $170 per night including taxes.

The hotel has a ticket counter that guaruntees admission to the Disney parks no matter how crowded. Our Four day tickets were only $135 dollars each!

Monorail station was across the street and only took a few minutes to walk to. Spent about $12 each for monorail passes good for our entire stay.

The parks exceeded our expectations, and we had a great time. We only spoke english and had no problems.

Robert is 100% correct its easy to visit Tokyo Disney.

Replies (4)

November 30, 2014, 11:56 PM

Hello. Sounds like you had a great time, and thanks for the report. I booked a vacation to DLT for 3 days in January and am very excited. Are there any tips you can give for the visit? How were the crowds compared to WDW? Thanks.

December 1, 2014, 5:39 AM

Weekends are always very crowded; however the parks will be real slow during weekdays in January. Get to the parks atleast 45 minutes before they open. Guests of the three Disney hotels get in 15 minutes early and they all go to Toy Story Mania. It always has a 60 minute wait the moment regular guests enter the park. Join the crowd and go straight to TSM and Fast pass it.

December 1, 2014, 9:49 AM

TSM was under construction when I visited, but from all I understand, it's the same ride as in the United States, just with a much more impressive facade. So, sure, walk by and take picture of the giant Woodie head. But, for American visitors, I would skip TSM and use others' enthusiasm for this ride to your advantage.

If everyone is running for TSM, that means (relatively) shorter waits at the rides you won't find in the United States, such as Journey to the Center of the Earth and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. If you have limited time at Tokyo DisneySea, focus first on those unique attractions, also including the Sindbad ride, Fortress Explorations, StormRider, Raging Spirits, Magic Lamp Theater, and Tower of Terror. Yes, ToT is the same drop sequence as in California, but the preshow just blows away the Twilight Zone preshows in the United States.

And do not overlook the food! The food throughout the Tokyo Disney Resort is just amazing. I want to visit again if for no other reason than try all the great-looking food that I couldn't get to last time.

December 1, 2014, 9:51 AM

Thanks for the tips. I won't have my kids this trip so I can skip TSM and will definitely concentrate on non-US stuff. And I am allergic to sea food and wonder if I'll have to survive on flavored popcorn the whole time.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive