Please say this is not true: Machine Gun America Theme Park?

Edited: December 19, 2014, 9:20 AM

I'm not American and I do not wish to offend anyone, but with all the gun problems that we see from looking in from outside, is it really a good thing to let 13 year old kids play with real high-powered weapons in an adventure situation? I can see this ending badly. Why as a world, can't we promote peace, rather than destruction? :( Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I just see this as absurd :(

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel-ideas/machine-gun-america-theme-park-lets-kids-as-young-as-13-shoot-guns/story-fnjpja3r-1227161694430

Replies (8)

December 19, 2014, 9:19 AM

Let's put it this way: No one writes a story about a "Machine Gun America Shooting Range." But slap the magic words "theme park" on what is, at best, a combo shooting range and FEC (family entertainment center), and reporters swarm like sharks on chum.

December 19, 2014, 10:44 AM

Well since the time Six Flags branded all its properties as "theme parks", the term has been pretty loosely used.

December 20, 2014, 7:38 PM

Its Florida...

December 21, 2014, 9:16 PM

You should be more worried about the theme park that was on that Preppers show. The whole park doubles as a fortress.

December 22, 2014, 9:49 AM

What's the big deal? When I was a kid, my dad would let us go with him once in a while when he had a load of garbage to take to the dump (not landfill). While we were there, he'd let us shoot our pistols and rifles at old bottles and cans (and the occasional rat). Something like this indoor pistol range looks to be a lot safer and a whole lot more fun, so why wring your hands over it?
As far as your question about "Why as a world, can't we promote peace, rather than destruction?", I have an answer. Humans are a violent race. To deny that fact is to live in a fantasyland far more removed from reality than the ones in Disney parks.

December 26, 2014, 7:51 AM

Guns can be used to keep the peace. Everyone should be trained to use a gun, but I do think 13 is rather young. The bigger problem is people think guns are destructive and want to keep it away from law abiding citizens. It is a cliché, but if guns are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns.

December 26, 2014, 8:13 AM

Meanwhile in Japan, the Yakuza are afraid to use guns, knowing the consequences that will follow...

December 26, 2014, 10:23 AM

Knowing that Japan outlaws guns and the Yakuza is directly involved with gun running, it is clear that they can do as they wish.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive