What's New in 2015??

January 6, 2015, 7:07 AM

Now that 2015 is officially upon us, what will be happening in Disney and Universal in the U.S. before the next New Year rolls around? Will Kong finally be reborn in Florida? Will USH become nearly a full park once again? I am possibly planning a trip to a theme park in the next holiday season and I's like to know what will be out there to see by then!

Replies (8)

January 7, 2015, 11:40 PM

We keep a running list of attractions under construction or in development in major parks at themeparkinsider.com/reviews/what's_new_or_under_construction_at_top_theme_parks.

What I'm most anticipating in 2015? The Justice League rides at Six Flags in Texas and Missouri, Thunderbird at Holiday World and Twisted Colossus at Magic Mountain. It'll be nice to see Springfield at USH, but the big prize there is Harry Potter in 2016.

January 9, 2015, 10:55 AM

I'm considering a Six Flags over Texas run later this year to check out Justice League. I grew up in Fort Worth and was around for the opening of the Yosemite Sam dark ride/flume and maintain fond memories. Being an Atlanta resident, I have a rather low opinion of Six Flags as a whole based on our local park. Keeping an open mind, though. Nothing else opening this year is really calling my name.

January 9, 2015, 12:06 PM

Yeah, I think this is going to be a relatively lean year for openings. But I really do hope that Justice League turns out to be a high-quality attraction that drives attendance for Six Flags. I think that would be a great influence on the entire industry if it happened.

January 21, 2015, 9:13 PM

I'm also looking forward to battle for Metropolis, but first I need to go to Parque Warner Madrid and Universal Studios Japan: I want to ride Batman la sombra del murcielago and Back to the future before they close. I've been saving money like crazy.

January 22, 2015, 7:51 AM

USJ is 100% worth saving up for. Don't know if you're a video gamer as well, but there's a limited time Resident Evil experience running until May.
Of course, I'd love to be there in October when the ride will technically start travelling BACK in time to the future scenes. They should change the marquee and go with an X-Men style naming convention... Back to the Future Past.

January 22, 2015, 8:01 AM

Yeah! Totally love resident evil! When you say its gonna run until may, is it beginning of may or near the end of the month? I actually have may 1st and 5th off work, they are very close with the weekend so if I skip may the fourth maybe i can go if only for 3-4 days

January 22, 2015, 8:49 AM

Runs until May 10th, my good man. Looks like you're in luck.

http://www.usj.co.jp/e/universal-cool-japan2015/

Edited: January 23, 2015, 9:43 PM

Busch Gardens Tampa has an area under construction right now in the bird area consisting of the former animal show area extending back to the Walkabout Way. It has all been cleared and previous structures removed. I have no idea what is going there. Guessing from Google maps, it's about an acre but in a prime location.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive