Tips for a saturday at Six Flags Magic Mountain

Edited: February 11, 2015, 3:05 PM

Hey guys, I was planning on going to Six Flags Magic Mountain march 21st. Being a saturday, I'm not sure how to handle the crowds that will be there that day. What are your suggestions to get on the most thrill rides as possible?

Replies (5)

February 11, 2015, 2:46 PM

SSFM? Perhaps go on a Friday or Sunday. Go early. Line up, repeat.

February 11, 2015, 3:06 PM

Sorry my bad I meant SFMM, but thank you for the advice.

Edited: February 11, 2015, 4:23 PM

John, unfortunately you are visiting the first weekend of spring break season, so the park is going to be packed. If you have the money and don't visit the park at least once per year, I'd absolutely recommend purchasing a Flash Pass (ideally Gold, but Regular would help as well). If you buy a Flash Pass, just ride Full Throttle first and then go pick up your pass. From there, ride order won't matter too much as every major coaster except X2 and Full Throttle is included. Just make sure to ride X2 mid-afternoon for shorter waits.

If you do not get a Flash Pass, arrive at the park at least 30 minutes before opening. Once the park opens, proceed immediately to Full Throttle, then work your way around the park counter-clockwise and stop at all high priority attractions. Assuming this is your first visit to the park, I would consider the following your priority rides:

-Apocalypse the Ride
-Batman The Ride (skip if you've ridden it at another Six Flags)
-Full Throttle
-Goliath
-Lex Luthor: Drop of Doom
-Riddler's Revenge
-Roaring Rapids (only if you want to get wet)
-Scream (if it's open)
-Superman: Escape from Krypton (skip if line exceeds an hour)
-Tatsu
-X2

Do not be surprised if lines for Full Throttle, Goliath, Superman, Tatsu, and X2 exceed 90 minutes. Most other major attractions should peak around 45 minutes unless there is only one train in operation, but Apocalypse and Riddler's may get slightly above that. Green Lantern, Lex Luthor, Revolution, Riddler's Revenge, and Viper all have single rider lines that are typically 10 minutes or less, so if you're by yourself or with only one other person I would definitely take advantage of them.

February 11, 2015, 7:07 PM

AJ, Thanks you so much this helped a lot! You were correct in this being my first time going, and I would be willing to get the flash pass, it seeming reasonable to get for the lines ahead. Hopefully next time I won't have to go on a saturday, but after your information I think I'll be okay!!

February 11, 2015, 9:49 PM

Thanks, AJ. Great stuff.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive