What will go in the giant Universal Studios unused space?

Edited: May 17, 2015, 11:24 AM

So I was casually looking at the Google Maps view of Universal Studios Orlando, and I was once again reminded of the GIANT space that sits in between MIB and Springfield. Given the recent developments between Universal and Nintendo, I became very curious about what this primo property may be used for.

The space is easily large enough to house another Diagon Alley, which is clearly enough space to create an additional, completely immersive theme park experience. A world of Nintendo characters could be placed there, or something else entirely different if they end up using the current KidZone for that. Personally, I am not sure if the Nintendo deal is the next big thing or just a way to allow those characters to infiltrate the parks, but time will tell.

So I want to know, what's going to end up there? What would you have built there that Universal has access to? It's one of the last unused spaces available in the resort (not dedicated to hotels), so I would imagine that it would be the last great opportunity to make a big splash with a who new addition, rather than a renovation.

Replies (9)

May 16, 2015, 7:56 PM

Yes, that's a huge area, even much larger than Diagon. Lot's of conjecture, but no strong rumors to date that I've read. Your Nintendo guess may be the closest to a betting line out there.

May 17, 2015, 9:33 AM

Man you are right I have wondering about this for years

May 17, 2015, 9:36 AM

Honestly I would continue with the refurbishing process and demolishing rides that are no longer popular or necessary before I would even touch that GIGANTIC space. Leave the best for last I say that way we still have years to look forward to.

May 17, 2015, 3:10 PM

There definitely is no rush to make use of the space, and considering it is the last great opportunity to expand, I believe Universal may be waiting until it has a guaranteed hit on its hands before it places something there (not that they don't already do that with their post Harry Potter enthusiasm). The question is, how many years out will it be? Will Universal continue to rebuild and renovate, or is this space in the queue?

May 17, 2015, 3:50 PM

I mean there is also the space from fear factor that's not even including the big space your talking about. They can really do something with that space big time fear factor is just a waste of space right now

May 29, 2015, 1:18 AM

safest bet and most likely one is Nintendo, Kidzone plus that land is big enough to have a couple of Nintendo stuff in it

June 2, 2015, 1:19 PM

They can't take out Fear Factor because of Bill and Ted's (Fear Factor is not so excellent). They can put BIll and Ted's in Beetlejuice, but Beetlejuice is not as big as Fear Factor.

June 2, 2015, 2:03 PM

Halloween Horrir Nights will work around what the park makes available. Universal's not about to leave a year-round upgrade at an attraction site unrealized to keep from disrupting HHN's less-than-two-month operation.

June 2, 2015, 4:10 PM

Nintendo Land
1. E-Ticket Mario Kart Simulator
2. Triotech Metroid shooting 3-D ride
3. Small (2 lift hill) Donkey Kong Mine Train Coaster
4. Yoshi kiddy coaster
5. Pokemon dark ride

(These ideas are not all mine)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive