Where to eat: Cowfish CityWalk

June 18, 2015, 2:12 PM

Awesome food, some of the WORST service I have ever seen. We got the fried pickles, which were really good, and I got the cookies and cream milkshake, which was awesome. I got the Rise and Shine burger. It was an overload of flavor. I think it would have been better if there wasn't any ham, and the only pork part was bacon. Now about the service. The waiter that brought our fired pickles almost gave them to another table. Three times a waiter came and tried to put food on our table that wasn't ours, and once, a waiter was about to place a burger on our table, only to see our check. I might come back next time I am in Orlando.

I ate here on 6/10/15

Replies (9)

June 18, 2015, 3:41 PM

We dropped by Cowfish for drinks before seeing a movie. Two beers and two mixed drinks (with tip) ... $37
Never again.

June 18, 2015, 4:02 PM

Sadly that pricing seems on average what most bars these days typically charge. Not shocking at all. Drinks are just too expensive at any entertainment venue.

June 19, 2015, 6:53 AM

Theme park restaurants are always pricy since you are a captive audience.

We ate at CowFish in May of this year - and we all loved it... Yes it was about $95 not including the tip for 4 of us.... But the food was great..

We also hit the Hard Rock café and it was just as procy and not a good. Although all of the waitress had great legs... But I digress..

CowFish has decent Sushi and burgers and we will go back next year..

TH Creative - Of course it was expensive to drink there.... You could have asked how much the beverages were before ordering...

Edited: June 19, 2015, 8:32 AM

Brian Emery - It's not a theme park restaurant (it's outside the gate) and there are several choices for food and beverage at UOCW run by different operators so you are not "captive" to any one company.

But you're right I could've asked for prices before ordering. I didn't and I paid for it. But what I can do is I can alert those who patronize TPI and who might be curious about CowFish and make sure they are aware that the price of drinks at their bar = a rip-off.

Edited: June 19, 2015, 9:41 AM

You can't get mixed drinks for under $8 each, typically $10 or $12. Beer costs $6 and up. That's $28 to $36 right there. Not sure where you're supposed to get it much cheaper especially in tourist areas.

Soda is usually $3 and up. Water is free. Next time, ask for water. Or bring a bottle of water.

Sometimes prices are not posted. That's intentional. If you need to ask, you can't afford it. I doubt that if you actually looked at the prices, you'll balk. You'll just order anyways.

Edited: June 20, 2015, 9:23 PM

Here's my review from last November: Where to Eat: Dinner at The Cowfish at Universal Orlando's CityWalk

The TL;DR? Liked the food, and thought the fry cook knows what s/he is doing. Didn't try the drinks.

Edited: June 19, 2015, 11:06 AM

Roberts Link FIX

I fixed the bad link Robert made..

You are Welcome...

June 19, 2015, 11:42 AM

"Sometimes prices are not posted."

Cowfish does seem to have a drink menu with prices...

https://www.universalorlando.com/Images/Cowfish_Beverages_tcm13-49558.pdf

I'm not sure what happened during your experience TH, but the prices are there. Maybe the menu wasn't posted or provided on your visit, or you sat at the bar where menus typically don't have posted prices because they change frequently for specials and happy hours. The prices are a bit high ($6.50 for a Bud Light on draft or $7.00 for a bottle of Corona), but there shouldn't have been a surprise. Their cocktail prices are within range of nearby establishments with a margarita priced at $10.50 at Cowfish and Pat O'Brien's coming in at $11.00 (with a free cup).

If there weren't prices on the drink menu, and they charged those cocktail prices, I'd probably by a little miffed (not too much since they only seem to be about 10-15% above standard bar prices), but it does seem that virtually every CityWalk restaurant posts their drink prices online, and I'm pretty sure these menus are also posted at the front of every restaurant before you walk in the door.

June 19, 2015, 12:20 PM

Cowfish in Raleigh & Charlotte actually has a much larger menu the CityWalk's. As they had to scale it back to accommodate the increased capacity. That being said the best aspect of the venue is when you have kids. You can get a kid's bento box for under $7 with a two sliders or a full order of chicken, fries and a small dessert. But make sure to sit at the sushi bar and your kids can play on the touch screen games, make fish that display on the TV/Aquariums and the long wait for the food will just fly by.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive