SoCal/Orlando

June 27, 2015, 12:02 PM

I apologise if this has been done before, but what is your opinion on which is the theme park king? The originals in California, or the mammoth remakes in Orlando? Be sure to list why you think so.

Replies (4)

June 27, 2015, 12:12 PM

Orlando

June 28, 2015, 10:36 AM

Orlando wins hands down

June 28, 2015, 10:53 AM

What are you wanting? If you want a world-class collection of roller coasters along with narrative-driven attractions, Southern California should be your choice, as Orlando's collection of roller coasters is weak compared with those found in the LA area. (If you throw Tampa into the mix with Orlando, Central Florida does better, but there's nothing like Magic Mountain in Florida.)

But if you want the world's best collection of top-quality dark and themed rides, with world-class cuisine and great live entertainment at theme parks, the clear answer to this question is... Tokyo. ;^)

June 30, 2015, 5:04 PM

I live in So Cal, but I gotta give it to Orlando. WDW beats Disneyland for having more parks and 2 water parks (but Disneyland has more attractions), UF destroys UHS for having most of the rides that UHS has, plus a ton of others, SeaWorld Orlando beats SeaWorld California for having more coasters and rides, and Legoland Florida beats Legoland Cali for having more attraction. Personally, I view BGT vs SFMM as a toss up, but it doesn't matter because Orlando already won. Yeah California also has Knott's, but that also won't make a difference

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive