No More Animal Poop Sweets at Disney World

June 28, 2015, 8:14 PM

So... I hear that Disney gave up (guest complaints?) and is no longer selling the animal-poop-shaped chocolates at the new sweet shop in Disney's Animal Kingdom.

Thoughts?

Replies (6)

June 29, 2015, 6:15 AM

Maybe TOO much dedication to immersion?

June 29, 2015, 7:13 AM

Sometimes the jokes are too inside out.

June 30, 2015, 11:24 PM

I think it was done by a park level manager without Disney corporate involvement. It was a huge publicity winner and social media star. Corporate stepped in and shut it down so that they can reintroduce it later and take the credit (and promotions and raises).

July 1, 2015, 2:48 PM

Tony, I think it was just a dumb idea... this is the innovation they are coming up with to counteract the Potter effect down I-4.

Edited: July 2, 2015, 9:59 AM

You never ate gummy worms? UGH! GROSS! I had the 15th Animal Kingdom Anniversary cupcake, it was styled like a lump of loamy soil with earth worms crawling over it. That was fun and tasty and a super hit with guests. Let's make more fun.

July 5, 2015, 8:37 AM

Hey, Disney is making some tasty chocolates and shaping it like poop. Sounds like a gimmick. A deliciously fun gimmick.

Dole Whip is a gimmick
Butterbeer is a gimmick

Why not this?

As for the Harry Potter being built down the road, AK is getting Pandora so I do not think we should be comparing some chocolate to two themed lands.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive