Did SeaWorld Have a Mole in PETA?

July 14, 2015, 9:47 AM

Some interesting news. It doesn't change what I think about PETA or SeaWorld, but it is weird news. If SeaWorld was involved, I can't help thinking how it helps. It doesn't help. This is sloppy infiltration.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-07-14/seaworld-employee-posed-as-animal-activist-for-years-peta-says

"A SeaWorld Entertainment Inc. employee posed for years as an animal-rights activist, joining protests against the company over its use of captive killer whales, according to People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals."

Replies (7)

Edited: July 14, 2015, 10:15 AM

This doesn't surprise me.

However, I'm beginning to wonder why Sea World continues to run ads as if people still care about Blackfish. They actually ran one during Sunday night's Extreme Coaster Wars World Domination program on Travel Channel, which is the completely wrong audience for that particular ad. They really need to just get over it, and highlight the park improvements and what makes their experience unique compared to other theme parks.

July 14, 2015, 10:14 AM

Isn't there an old saying that says, "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer?". I'll bet that PETA has a few moles in the SeaWorld organization themselves.

July 14, 2015, 11:30 AM

Bingo, James.

Edited: July 14, 2015, 1:00 PM

More important if there was a mole in PETA was it treated humanely -- and in a manner that protected its dignity?

July 14, 2015, 2:44 PM

MOLE!!! ITS A BLOODY MOLE!!!

July 14, 2015, 8:57 PM

If PETA had moles in Seaworld and took paychecks from SEAS, that is a problem. I doubt any Seaworld employee took paycheck money from PETA while acting like an activist. No report of that (PETA actually "employing" a SEAS person) happening so I am guessing it didn't. I would like to see details on just who did what and who paid who.

July 15, 2015, 7:50 AM

I agree with Russell. Sea World needs to quit talking about the PETA stuff. All it does is draw attention and give legs to a story that should have been out of the public eye for a good while by now. Spend some significant money on improving the park experience. That's the main thing the public wants to hear. If you want to play with the big boys, Disney & Universal, you need to spend at near their levels.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive