'The Walking Dead' Returns to Halloween Horror Nights

Edited: July 30, 2015, 8:26 AM

Universal confirmed this morning that "The Walking Dead" will return to Halloween Horror Nights this year at both Universal Orlando and Universal Studios Hollywood.

The popular AMC zombie drama has become a staple at the event in recent years. This year's Walking Dead attractions will include:

"The Walking Dead: The Living and the Dead" at Universal Studios Florida, which will recreate the flooded food bank scene from Season 5.

"The Walking Dead: Wolves Not Far" at Universal Studios Hollywood, which the park is promoting as its biggest and "most gruesome" maze ever.

Replies (12)

July 30, 2015, 9:07 AM

Here's the promo video from Universal Orlando:

July 30, 2015, 10:21 AM

Again? The show is a bit tired at this point. I would love to see "The Strain" get a maze.

July 30, 2015, 11:13 AM

It's one of the most watched shows on cable and has already spawned a spinoff. The Strain is solid, but it's an anthology series (limited episodes) that just started its second season.

The Walking Dead mazes are by far the most popular HHN has ever produced, and the crew always finds a unique way to scare guests. Having actors in water sounds like an very interesting concept. As long as they refresh the mazes, I don't have any problem with them using the same IP year after year.

July 30, 2015, 12:53 PM

WD drives attendance, perhaps not as much as it's first two years at the park, but it still attracts the general public. And, very important, it has absolutely huge merchandise sales.

July 30, 2015, 2:02 PM

Wondering where's the Sharknado maze.

July 30, 2015, 4:12 PM

A Minion Maze would be fun!

July 30, 2015, 5:17 PM

The Walking Dead mazes are more exciting than the show. Each one has been themed well to the locations that were seen on the show. Last year's maze was really good. Each time I went through it I would find more details that I had missed from my walk through it previously. I have mixed feelings about there being a WD maze again this year. I would rather see new IPs used or even original ideas (minus any using 3D glasses). The past WD mazes have each been unique and taken on different aspects of the ongoing series story. If this one does the same using storylines from last season, it should be a win.

August 3, 2015, 6:52 AM

Absolutely Kris V...Last year's Walking Dead was great, and I'm not even a huge fan of the show (too slow and plodding for my liking). That locker room scene was amazing and the mirror tricks were incredible---some of the best maze effects I think I've seen aside from the Ghost Hunters maze from a few years ago. I wish I was going.

August 3, 2015, 3:27 PM

A Evil Dead maze could be cool, or maybe a Gremlins maze

August 3, 2015, 3:37 PM

I personally think an ALIEN maze would be cool.

Or for that matter, a Jurassic Park maze in which you journey into the park 10 years abandoned before Jurassic World was constructed, and the remaining carnivores get loose and try to kill you and other patrons.

Just my personal Horror Nights ideas..

August 4, 2015, 6:28 AM

They've done Alien mazes in the past, and they've been very good.

They did Jurassic Park mazes in the years HHN was staged at IOA.

The HHN crew is always looking at what has been successful in the past, and trying to provide something new every year. When you have 25 years of precedent, it's hard to continue to one-up yourself.

August 4, 2015, 7:21 AM

I didn't know those mazes actually existed!

I have to give the HHN creative team credit, it's hard to come up with five new experiences every year for a quarter of a century, and it's harder making them worth experiencing.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive