Adventuredome Vegas Tips

Edited: August 8, 2015, 6:34 AM

I'm going to Las Vegas and I'll check out the Adventure Dome while I'm there. First time. Any tips?
Thanks
EDIT: Also, should I try out the Manhattan Express? Is that a good coaster?

Replies (8)

August 8, 2015, 8:36 AM

There's really nothing special about Adventure Dome. It has one of the last Arrow loopers before they were bought by S&S with the gen-2 trains. Other than that, it's pretty much like an indoor carnival. It's really not worth more than a couple hours of time. The attractions at the top of the Stratosphere are way better.

Manhattan Express is a terrible coaster, but after Sunday, it will be the very last Togo coaster operating in the world, so I suppose there's that. If you're planning on gambling at NYNY, try to see if you can get a ride comped, because it's not worth the regular admission price.

Edited: August 8, 2015, 11:51 AM

El Loco in the Adventure Dome, if its anything like its brother at Indiana Beach, should be an excellent coaster, although it is low capacity.

If you want to ride a really good coaster in the Vegas area, head down the interstate toward the border and check out the roller coaster at Buffalo Bills. Now that is one of the best roller coasters of that generation, similar in style, height, length, and ride to Magnum XL-200 at Cedar Point.

August 8, 2015, 12:26 PM

For Adventuredome, allow 2-3 hours to do everything. Other than the two coasters, there's only about a half-dozen adult flat rides and most are stock models. The park isn't usually too crowded, though you may see waits up to 20 minutes if visiting on a weekend. El Loco is really good (probably the best coaster in Nevada) and Canyon Blaster is a decent Arrow looper.

Manhattan Express/Big Apple Coaster/Roller Coaster (it's signposted as all three) is okay, but unless you count credits I'd skip it if you can't get some sort of discount (either coupons or gambling winnings). The ride costs $14 per ride and is not worth that. If you want a better coaster, take Jeff's suggestion and drive 45 minutes to Buffalo Bill's for Desperado. While not as good as Magnum, Desperado is still a pretty good ride. Just make sure to sit in the middle seat of a car to minimize roughness and call ahead as operating hours can vary.

August 8, 2015, 3:06 PM

Thanks for the tips! I would go to Buffalo Bills, but it's a little far, and I won't have a car. There really isn't much info on the Advenduredome online and even less on the Big Apple Coaster, so thanks for the help.

August 8, 2015, 4:15 PM

There is also an outlet mall right by Buffalo Bills, and there are shuttles/buses that leave from designated hotels on the strip a few times a day.

And like AJ said, you can easily get through everything at the Adventuredome in a couple of hours. If you go as soon as they open, there's virtually no to little wait. I've done a rides back to back. El Loco & Canyon are the only coasters.

And if you're going to be there, it's worth riding the coaster at NYNY. Even if it's not the best, you can mark that off the list of coasters you've been on!

August 10, 2015, 4:38 PM

I've never been to Vegas, but my friend has. When I asked him if he rode any coasters, he said that he rode "the bade one". The bad one was Canyon Blaster and the Adventure Dome.

From what I've heard, this is how people describe the coasters.
Manhattan Express- Very painful
Canyon Blaster- A little painful
El Loco- Fun but short

August 11, 2015, 9:51 PM

FWIW, here is my video report from the opening of El Loco. Like everyone else said... good, but short.

Edited: August 12, 2015, 2:48 AM

There used to be a couple of other rides at Buffalo Bill's - none of which were worth taking a trip out to on their own...but if you're going to be there anyway, they had a really short Turbo Drop, the Adventure Canyon log ride (when I was there it was a shooter and most of the effects were not working) and a Frog Hopper.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive