Disneyland or Disneyworld in February? And use of ride booking and meal booking?

Edited: August 9, 2015, 1:58 PM

Hi everybody

Just wondered the pros and cos of visiting either of the parks above flying in from the UK in February?

It's been a while since we've been and I think that there are some new rules now about having to book rides and meals in advance? How has that worked out for everyone, is it better than before or a nightmare to even get on a ride and go to your favourite restaurant?

Take Care

Dan

Replies (3)

August 9, 2015, 2:33 PM

In February, I would choose Florida's Disney World over California's Disneyland on weather. That's the height of the rainy season (such as it is now) in Southern California, but one of the more pleasant months for weather in Orlando.

Coming from the UK, I have heard that you can find relatively reasonably priced charters to Central Florida, though there will be several nonstop scheduled flights from London to Los Angeles International, from which you can hire a shuttle to Disneyland, in Anaheim.

You do not need to do anything other than buy tickets and make hotel reservations in advance for Disneyland. For Disney World, however, you should have your tickets several months in advance, so that you can make dining reservations and attraction reservations, via Fastpass+. We have an article about how to do that here: Fastpass+: The Benefits and Challenges of Disney's Crowd Management System

Fastpass+ is not in use at Disneyland, which continues to use the old paper Fastpass system for same-day ride reservations only. And dining reservations can be made same day at Disneyland's sit-down restaurants. If you really want a waterside table at the Blue Bayou, call a few days in advance for that and ask nicely. Call +1-714-781-DINE for that.

August 10, 2015, 7:24 AM

My wife and I go down to WDW the first week of February every year for our Anniversary and it is usually extremely slow in the parks so even if you don't get the FastPass+ system down you won't have any extreme difficulty with long lines, keep in mind this is going of the past few years things can always change. But if you can I would highly recommend booking FastPasses and Dining in advance.

August 10, 2015, 10:25 AM

I would think flying to Florida is cheaper than flying to Anaheim when coming from the UK. Plus, you don't have to sit in the plane another 4 hours. Booking meals and rides via FastPass is an excellent plan. Works well. Definitely do it. February should be quiet, but it is still winter so expect it to be cool and dry.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive