Can Disneyland be done in two days?

August 26, 2015, 7:44 PM

I plan on visiting Disneyland again next year in July, but I was wondering what the crowds will be like. It will be on a weekday definitely, and I will be visiting both parks, but can I see most major attractions in two days or should I spend an extra day doing park hopper to catch the attractions I missed.

Replies (5)

August 26, 2015, 9:14 PM

I don't know what it's like in Summer, but 2 days should be plenty to get through the big attractions, particularly midweek. I usually try to give it 3 days to pace it out.

There's a post here talking about doing the 2 parks in 1 day, but that would take some dedication and planning I think.

August 26, 2015, 9:30 PM

I'm at Disneyland now, and without crowds, we got majority of the Magic Kingdom and around a quarter of DCA done in around a day and a half. Given the crowds in July, plus a weekend, I'd give myself 3-4 days if you want to see everything while being in large crowds. Just remember to get a spot early for Paint the Night and Disneyland Forever (both are absolutely phenomenal)

August 26, 2015, 9:37 PM

I usually recommend three days for a first visit and two days for a returning visit, so given that you've been before I think you'll be fine. If you want to do everything in both parks you may want a third day, but if you're mainly just doing the majors two is enough. As long as you avoid going right around 4th of July it should be busy but manageable. Buy a hopper and start your day at whatever park doesn't have early entry (unless your have access to it), take advantage of Fastpass and single rider, and try to focus on a logical plan of attack. Lines for headliners will probably be around 60 minutes for most of the day, but the operating hours are so long you'll have plenty of time to get them all in.

August 26, 2015, 9:45 PM

Yes and you can also see a 2 hour movie in 120 minutes.

August 26, 2015, 10:48 PM

Can you see a lot of great attractions in two days at the Disneyland Resort? Absolutely.

Can you see everything? Probably not.

The real kicker is the nighttime shows. It's hard to see World of Color at DCA, and Fantasmic, Disneyland Forever and Paint the Night at DL in two nights. It's possible, but very difficult. And it cuts into the time you would need to see all the other must-do highlights in two days.

Here are the must-dos, according to our reader ratings:

At Disneyland:
Disneyland Forever
Paint the Night
Fantasmic!
Mickey's Soundsational Parade
Pirates of the Caribbean
Indiana Jones Adventure
Space Mountain
Splash Mountain
Haunted Mansion

At DCA:
World of Color
Aladdin
Radiator Springs Racers
Toy Story Midway Mania
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

I'd also throw in:

Star Tours: The Adventures Continue
Fantasy Faire Royal Theatre
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
Alice in Wonderland
Disneyland Railroad

...at Disneyland, and

Soarin' Over California
California Screamin'
Grizzly River Run

at DCA.

Eat at the Plaza Inn and Cafe Orleans at DL and Carthay Circle and Paradise Garden Grill at DCA.

I'd recommend three days to get all this in without going nuts, unless you're visiting alone and are expert at using Fastpass and single-rider lines to maximize your attractions.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive