Magic Kingdom Roller Coasters vs Disneyland Roller Coasteres

September 6, 2015, 5:41 PM

Which park has the better Big Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain?

Replies (7)

Edited: September 6, 2015, 6:18 PM

Without a doubt Disneyland has the superior versions of these rides. Space Mountain with the onride music, different track and its constant make over for the Halloween version make it a more fun ride. Big Thunder just got refurbished with new effects as well.

September 6, 2015, 6:27 PM

Space mountain goes to Disneyland hands down. The track is so smooth, the music adds such a great touch to the ride, and I prefer the seating arrangement more. I'll also give big thunder to Disneyland, especially after the new dynamite scene

September 7, 2015, 8:25 AM

In WDWs defense, DL's Space Mountain was completely redone. Not to mention that I have never been kicked off of WDW's version because the car was too heavy. Whats up with that?

As for Thunder Mountain, I would say they are about the same. The superior version is at DLP

September 12, 2015, 10:48 PM

Would it be so difficult for WDW to add music to their Space Mountain? As for DLP's Thunder Mountain, I would agree based on the photos of its location, but of course this thread isn't about foreign parrks, so it doesn't really matter, does it? Because I think HK's Grizzly Mountain is pretty awesome, even if the name isn't "Thunder Mountain".

In time, I think Disney will continue to upgrade and refurbish all of their Magic Kingdom rides. It's better business to keep things fresh through the years than to have one version of a ride be far superior to others.

Anthony, can you tell me if Paris' version of Rockin Roller Coaster is any different than Orlando's?

Edited: September 13, 2015, 7:46 AM

The track layout is the same, but the theme is different.

September 13, 2015, 9:53 AM

Are BTM, SM, RRC, and EE all by Vekoma?

Edited: September 13, 2015, 11:48 AM

Big Thunder Mountain at Disneyland used to be Arrow, but then it was re tracked by Dynamic Structures. Big Thunder Mountain at WDW is Arrow. Big Thunder at DLP and Tokyo Disney are both Vekoma. Big Grizzly at Hong Kong is also Vekoma.

Space Mountain at WDW and Space Mountain at DLR were made by Dynamic Structures. Space Mountain at Tokyo Disney was made by Arrow. Space Mountain Mission 2 and Space Mountain at Hong Kong were made by Vekoma.

All RRCs are made by Vekoma

EE is Vekoma.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive