What Does Disney Close Next?

September 11, 2015, 10:36 AM

With Aladdin closing at DCA and the Osbourne Lights turning off at DHS, Disney fans might wonder... what's next to go? Especially if you're the sort who believes that such things come in three. ;^)

So... which attraction do you believe will be the next that Disney announces will close at with the Walt Disney World or Disneyland Resorts?

Replies (7)

September 11, 2015, 12:31 PM

One Mans Dream, Muppets, and Indy seem like they will be going soon. I don't care about Indy or One Mans Dream, but Muppets has a special place my heart.

September 11, 2015, 1:40 PM

Don't ask me how I predicted this but..

Figment will close by summer 2016.

September 11, 2015, 3:59 PM

I find it hard to believe that Muppets would be evicted. Especially with the new show and Disney pumping up the Muppet money machine, they are going to want to keep the 4D show.

I actually really really do not want Indy to go. I know it has basically been the same for 25 years, but consider that it still packs the seats and has held up much longer than any of the other competitor's stunt show!

September 11, 2015, 4:33 PM

I'm guessing that the next to be announced is Lights, Motors, Action, given the lead time needed for notifying the cast and crew. One Man's Dream, Muppets and Honey I Shrunk the Kids can be closed with much less notice.

September 11, 2015, 5:56 PM

I love, love, love the Muppets, but the fact is people just don't care that much about them. Last year's Muppets Most Wanted was such a financial disappointment that you probably won't see any more Muppet movies. I hope the new TV show will work out, but I really can't see it lasting more than 1 season. People have decided that they'd rather watch hardcore dramas and sitcoms. Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. and Agent Carter already have abysmal viewership, on ABC, but they help market the upcoming Marvel movies. Disney won't keep another series on life support like they have those 2. As much as I hate it, it seems Kermit and Miss Piggy's future might be back in the sock drawer.

September 11, 2015, 6:47 PM

Not really an attraction, but Disney just announced that long time DHS band Mulch Sweat & Shears will make their final appearance in October.

September 12, 2015, 5:19 AM

If I can extend to Paris - Animagique closes soon. Which raises the legitimate concern that it might get Frozen...

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive