Tokyo DisneySea to Open 'Out of the Shadow Land' Musical for 15th Anniversary

September 16, 2015, 8:42 AM

Tokyo DisneySea will debut a new musical show as part of its 15th anniversary celebration next year.

Out of the Shadow Land
Concept art courtesy Tokyo Disney Resort

"Out of the Shadow Land" will play in the park's Lost River Delta land, in a new "Hangar Stage." The original story follows a shy girl as she develops the self-confidence to escape the evil shadow land in which she's been lost. The production will feature video as well as live performances and will open July 9, 2016.

Replies (1)

October 4, 2015, 6:52 PM

The previous show in the Hangar Stage was absolutely incredible - I've forgotten what it was called, but it was Cirque du Soleil quality and so immersive. I can only hope that this show lives up to that. I have to admit though that I am concerned by the news that the show will feature video as well as live performances. In July I saw the new version of the Little Mermaid show in Tokyo DisneySea, and while the original show had amazing puppetry and was enthralling to watch, the updated show relied far too much on cheap video effects, cutting out the number of live performers (I'm sure as a cost-cutting measure). It will be disappointing if 'Out of the Shadow Land' uses video effects in a similar way - I think it really takes away from the uniqueness, immersiveness and impressiveness of the shows.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive