Universal Orlando Passholders Petition for Plastic Passes

October 20, 2015, 10:43 AM

We've written before about how many Universal Orlando annual passholders want plastic cards for their annual passes. Now, a Universal fan has started an online petition asking Universal to change the AP cards from paper to plastic.

As of this posting, the petition has 205 signatures and a goal of 500.

Replies (4)

October 20, 2015, 12:36 PM

I would totally sign it if I was a Universal AP. In Philly our public transportation system SEPTA is getting MyMagic+ for tickets with cards instead of wristbands.

October 20, 2015, 4:01 PM

Dump the card. Go with UniversalBands. It would be terrific to ride ET without having to worry about giving out your name.

October 20, 2015, 4:27 PM

I'm guessing they do the paper since they really push buying a lanyard when you get your pass to protect the paper. But they did have plastic passes a long time ago. Wish they'd go back to it since the paper gets frayed so easily.

Edited: November 2, 2015, 4:25 AM

Most parks went to paper because it's cheaper, but Busch Gardens & SeaWorld give you an option for a plastic card if you pay $5. Universal should do the same and give members that option. I wouldn't doubt if part of the reason is to get people to buy lanyards. Anything for a buck these days and the parking prices are more than enough to turn away families who can't afford season passes. talk about greedy. Sadly I find most parks don't care about our opinions and many of the new changes are not good ones. Businesses mostly only care about our money, not making us happy, and family values and customer service are almost extinct. I find many of these parks take us for granted that we will keep being faithful to buy their passes and tickets no matter what unpopular changes they do to us. I fear the only thing that will get their attention is to stop buying their passes and tickets and they count on us not going that far.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive