Theme Park in Pakistan - Partnership suggestions needed ASAP

Edited: November 16, 2015, 3:43 PM

I am working with a group of investors who are interested in building a Theme Park in Pakistan. Area is around 100 acres and budget of $50m-$100m. Does anyone know if any of the international theme parks would be interested in partnering - i.e. we invest but use their brand/designs/technical expertise etc? I am quite sure the likes of Disney, Universal would not be possible with this budget or in Pakistan - so if anyone has any suggestions on who the best partnership could be with given the limitations?

Replies (36)

November 16, 2015, 5:57 PM

Go to an IAAPA Expo.

Edited: November 17, 2015, 8:17 AM

And I am a Prince in Nigeria who only needs someone in the USA to help me transfer funds to an account.. You see I have no connections in you're (your) country. Please help me and I will send you 100K into you're account....

Thanks Price HackaLot..

PS - the first thrill Ride will be getting into Said park without getting shot...

November 17, 2015, 10:13 AM

I feel Pakistan isn't a big enough market to turn a profit from a theme park

November 17, 2015, 10:44 AM

Pakistan seems like too small of a market with unpredictable turmoil politically. If you want to hit an untapped market I'd push for a park in India. India is stable for the most part and has quite a bit of wealth pouring into the country. Just my 2 cents...

November 17, 2015, 10:47 AM

Maybe United Arab Emirates

November 17, 2015, 10:47 AM

What about a theme park in Nigeria? They need one too.

November 17, 2015, 11:50 AM

No need to worry Anon - that prince promised me he was going to build in there...

November 17, 2015, 1:19 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!

Your fund is now deposited with FIRST SECURITIES INC., Due to the mix up of some numbers and names, we ask that you keep this award strictly from public notice until your claim has been processed and your money remitted to your account. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming or unscrupulous acts by participants of this program.

We hope with a part of you prize, you will participate in our end of year high stakes US$1.3 billion International Lottery.

To begin your claim, please contact your claim agent;

Edited: November 17, 2015, 2:03 PM

Please comment your credit card number and security code to see if you've been hacked!

November 17, 2015, 2:39 PM

7 my number is 7... Just 7. EXP 01/2017

November 17, 2015, 2:54 PM

I'm writing this with tears in my eyes, my Nigerian family and I went to Disney World for a short vacation unfortunately we were mugged at the hotel where we stayed, all cash, credit card and cell were stolen off us but luckily for us we still have our passports with us.

We've been to the embassy and the Police here but they're not helping issues at all and our flight leaves in less than 3hrs from now but we're having problems settling the hotel bills and the hotel manager won't let us leave until we settle the bills.

Am freaked out at the moment. I Need Your Help Urgently..

November 18, 2015, 8:05 AM

Jaiden - you are lucky to still have your passports. I am sending you some blankets to keep you warm.. In the mean time, why not head over to Magic Kingdome while you wait...

PS - And how did you book the Hotel anyway? They will have a Credit card on file..... Never mind.. hahhaaha

November 18, 2015, 10:05 AM

Thanks for all the comments, but does anyone still know of some theme park brand who would be interested in Pakistan? or even elsewhere with a budget of $50m-$100m?

November 18, 2015, 12:03 PM

OMG- maybe we can take up a collection and buy this person a clue.

November 18, 2015, 4:09 PM

@James Koehl
Well they stole my credit cards so no can do...

This is the most sarcastic thread in TPI history.

November 18, 2015, 4:11 PM

Plus I don't think I would be welcome in Pakistan because of my Jewish/Hindu backround.

November 18, 2015, 4:24 PM

Heck, with that background there are huge swaths of THIS country that you are probably not welcome in, and that is so sad. Jewish/Hindu? I bet it's a fascinating story how that came about ;+)

November 18, 2015, 4:40 PM

@James Koehl
And I look Mexican!

November 18, 2015, 5:00 PM

Are you welcome anywhere? I mean, other than in TPI? ;+)

November 18, 2015, 5:07 PM

@James Koehl
I did see a lot of Confederate Flag wearers at Knoebles. I guess I look white enough that they treat me like one of them.

November 18, 2015, 5:12 PM

So funny. I choked on my coke.....The beverage not the other stuff.

November 18, 2015, 5:33 PM

@James Koehl
Some times I like to play the game of: Based on Skin Color, How Many Epcot Pavilions could you work for?

This is one of the best threads in TPI history!

November 18, 2015, 5:38 PM

Haha same here Jaiden

I am 50% Vietnamese, 12.5% German, 12.5% Scotch Irish, and 25% Punjabi. However, everyone thinks I'm Latino.

(If you are confused about my name, you should know that "Juan Hamilton" is my pen name that I have been using for 7 years)

November 18, 2015, 5:52 PM

@Juan Hamilton
I'm 50% Punjabi! I usually say Indian because people don't know what Punjab is.

Edited: November 20, 2015, 11:14 PM

How did this digress into sharing your ethnicity with people on the Internet

November 20, 2015, 9:49 PM

@disneyversal

I don't even know how we got here...

November 21, 2015, 5:15 AM

It's Jaiden's fault! He said he's Jewish/Hindu. I think that is fascinating! Me? German/Scottish.....B-O-R-I-N-G!! To be honest, I think it is great that we could share things like this in such a civil manor. There are probably some sites that this would devolve into something unpleasant. OK, the thread took a left turn after going through a roundabout, but so what? It's been a lot more interesting than the ridiculous start of it. A $100 million dollar theme park in Pakistan? About as likely as a Sandals Resort in Greenland.

November 21, 2015, 11:08 AM

Im sorry!

November 21, 2015, 1:25 PM

Wait a minute, James! Due to global warming, I just bought some shares in a Sandals type resort planned for Greenland - Palm Trees and Polar Bears.

Drop me a line, and send you a prospectus.

November 21, 2015, 5:20 PM

Gee, it sounds really....uh...interesting. Do they allow fur mankinis on the beach there?

November 21, 2015, 7:45 PM

and the winner of the Most Disgusting Yet Sickly Funny Post of 2015 is..... James Koehl!

November 21, 2015, 9:47 PM

I would like to thank my director, my producer and especially my costumer for making this possible.

November 22, 2015, 8:35 AM

@olashari must be so confused right now.

November 27, 2015, 9:30 AM

This thread needs some Flying Hippos.

If I may ask somewhat of a serious question. Are there Theme Parks in India? I would think there would be a better market there.

November 28, 2015, 2:52 PM

Are we still throwing ethnicities in this? Because I'm 50% Russian 25% Dutch and 25% Korean

November 28, 2015, 6:23 PM

@Anthony Murphy

There are some minor theme parks in India, but no worthwhile ones. Despite India having a large population, it is not one of the wealthier nations, so if a Six Flags or Universal park opened there, no one could be able to afford to visit it.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive