Harry Potter Universal Studios Hollywood

December 4, 2015, 2:59 PM

Does anyone know when Harry Potter Land will open in Universal Studios Hollywood? I know it's spring 2016, but does anyone know an exact date yet...?

Replies (8)

Edited: December 4, 2015, 3:05 PM

According to a press release USH put out earlier this week the official opening date will be announced on Tuesday morning. Based on what is known now, it is strongly speculated to be mid-late March (my guess is March 19th), though knowing Universal I wouldn't be surprised if soft openings start a month or more in advance.

December 4, 2015, 3:17 PM

Thanks AJ!

December 4, 2015, 9:51 PM

There's been talk of an early soft opening for the Harry Potter land (essentially, the shops and restaurants in Hogsmead village).

The last time I was at Universal a few weeks ago, the park employee working the Harry Potter gift shop near the entrance said the village was essentially finished (maybe the exteriors only?), and there might be a soft opening as early as around Christmas time or sometime in January.

The official opening of the land, including the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride (not sure if that's exactly correct), is supposed to be in March, as AJ commented above and Robert has said in the post from earlier this week.

December 5, 2015, 6:46 AM

Also, what will be in the Harry Potter Land? I know Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey ride, and it will be 3-D. Will they have the train ride or Daigon Alley?

December 5, 2015, 8:23 AM

I'm not the expert on Harry Potter and I haven't been to Universal in Florida, but as I understand, Diagon Alley and the Hogwarts Express train ride are rumored to be coming as a possible expansion of WWOHP, but not for several years down the line.

Besides the Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey simulator ride, there is a family (kids') rollercoaster, the Flight of the Hippogriff (spelling?), but I believe those are the only two rides proper.

I would take a look at the last two weeks of Robert's posts on the main TPI page-- I think he wrote that a store in Hogsmeade Village that is no longer in Orlando will be in Universal Los Angeles.

December 5, 2015, 9:33 AM

Great, thanks!

December 5, 2015, 10:47 AM

We are posting stories on the front page every Monday detailing the stores, restaurants, and rides in the Wizarding World Hollywood. So, please, keep reading!

December 5, 2015, 4:06 PM

Thank you Robert, will do!

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive