What new non-Disneyversal attraction are you most excited for in 2016?

December 7, 2015, 10:06 AM

For me, it's between The Joker's roller coaster @ SF Discovery Kingdom and Carowind's plants vs zombies garden warfare. I might also be excited for The Walking Dead ride If I knew which parks it's going to end up on.

Replies (11)

December 7, 2015, 10:40 AM

Derren Brown's new dark ride at Thorpe Park sounds like it could be a really big deal. I'm tentatively excited by the idea of some legitimate innovation in dark rides, particularly as we're a bit starved of them here in the UK.

Edited: December 7, 2015, 11:16 AM

Lightning Rod looks sick.

Edited: December 7, 2015, 12:11 PM

The new SeaWorld rides look cool, but I feel hurt. Calling my name out like that

December 7, 2015, 3:23 PM

Ninjago at Legoland California.

December 7, 2015, 3:55 PM

Just because I'll likely make the trip: Valravn at Cedar Point.

December 7, 2015, 4:07 PM

Two votes for Valravn (and what do you mean, "likely"?)!

December 7, 2015, 4:26 PM

It may not exactly be new (at least it will be for me), but I am eagerly looking forward to the new Justice League ride at Six Flags Great America. Cobra's Curse is also a stone's throw from my school, so I'll probably see that too.

The ride I'd *most* want though to see is Dollywood's Lightning Rod, but it's unlikely I'm going to be able to visit again until at least a couple more years.

December 7, 2015, 5:50 PM

Lightning Rod! I'm also looking forward to Total Mayham at my home park Great Adventure.

December 7, 2015, 6:24 PM

@James K - Have you seen our world lately? Who knows if we'll even make it to summer at the rate things are spinning out of control!!!! ;P Seriously, anything can happen. The plan is to trek back to Cedar Point to visit the Great and Powerful Jim & Anton Koehl/Rao, but one never knows what the future has in store.... So 'likely' is a good word!

December 8, 2015, 1:09 AM

For the rides I will (most likely) be riding next year, Lightning Rod at Dollywood. While I'm not completely aboard the RMC hype train, I do think this looks like an excellent roller coaster and will probably make the top ten lists of most enthusiasts. I'm also planning to ride Joker and possibly Storm Chaser next year, and while both of those look good neither of them look like top ten coasters to me.

For rides I won't make it to in 2016 (but hopefully will in the future), Valravn at Cedar Point. I really liked Griffon when I rode it years ago and Valravn looks like a better version, so I'm expecting the ride to be outstanding. Will it be Cedar Point's best coaster? Probably not, but I wouldn't be surprised if most enthusiasts consider it the best non-Intamin at the park.

Edited: December 11, 2015, 12:48 PM

Waiting for many years already, but hooked on to the new to come "Symbolica" darkride in Efteling.

(And hope in further future for my own "Land Ahoy !" darkride, depending on proceeding or not of a new project in Belgium)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive