Any information on an opening date for Luigi's Rollickin' Roadsters?

February 22, 2016, 7:24 PM

Does anyone know when this ride is slated to open?

Replies (7)

February 22, 2016, 9:07 PM

It was supposed to be open by now, but due to issues encountered during testing it has been delayed. The latest I've heard is that the goal is to have it open by the time spring break starts (aka mid March), but I don't know any more specific information than that. I do know that employee testing has started, so perhaps it will be soft opening by next week.

February 22, 2016, 10:23 PM

Perhaps they shouldn't have built Luigi's on the site of that ancient native-vehicle junkyard.

February 23, 2016, 4:58 PM

I think they're delaying on opening due to how awful the attraction looks based on footage I've seen

February 23, 2016, 5:30 PM

Agree with joe... They shoulda just kept it as luigis flying tires and used that extra money to ease the effects of the budget cuts that are plaguing the report.

Edited: February 23, 2016, 6:53 PM

That's the problem with something like Carsland - since its replicated to a t, you have to put something related in Luigi's. But I guess when you have the best ride that came to an American Disney park the past decade, a bad ride doesn't really matter

Edited: February 23, 2016, 8:37 PM

I'm hoping that this new ride is like Mater's Junkyard Jamboree in that it is more fun than it looks like it will be. I would be really surprised if it wasn't better than Luigi's Flying Tires, but I am hoping it's more of the "ride when the line is short" type of ride than a "ride once and forget about it." Yes, if you're expecting something groundbreaking you'll definitely be disappointed, but if you're expecting a fun family ride it might fit the bill. It is only a C ticket, after all.

In regards to the original topic, I just heard today that first weekend in March is looking very likely for the opening of the ride with the potential of limited soft openings during the week before that. I'll be going on either March 1st or 2nd and will be sure to report back whether the ride is open.

February 25, 2016, 12:03 PM

It's official now: March 7.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive