Disney's disgusting cleaning

March 4, 2016, 4:14 PM

Hello,

I recently visited the Orlando area on vacation with my family and witness some pretty disgusting habits and one of, if not the biggest companies in the Orlando area. ( Walt Disney world, The Art of Animation resort.)While dining at a restaurant we witnessed and video recorded this restaurant employee cleaning the tables and floors with the same mop.  They went on back and forth from table to floor until they seen me recording the incident. I have reached out to the company to express my concern and have not heard back from them yet. I also contacted the Florida Health Department to ask if this was a typical process. I have yet to hear back from them either. I do have a video that I have yet to show the company. When I hear back to them I may send it to them upon request.

Video: https://youtu.be/3f6P16E6z9g

Replies (14)

March 4, 2016, 5:20 PM

It's not like you're eating off the table

Edited: March 4, 2016, 8:05 PM

Robert, I am sure you have a good reason, but why do you publish these "stories" from anonymous users who join just to spew their venom about some isolated incident and then disappear into the world wide webs?

March 4, 2016, 10:40 PM

^

Edited: March 5, 2016, 11:43 AM

No you did not witness this incident. No you did not reach out to Disney or the health department. What you did was join TPI yesterday with the intent of trashing Disney and its cast members.

March 5, 2016, 12:04 PM

So glad you got her permission to film her and put it online. I also didn't know people eat right off the tables these days. But you're right, I'd much prefer them to keep these tables dirty......

Edited: March 5, 2016, 8:36 PM

My problem with the situation Is the fact that this lady cleaned the tables with a mop and that Disney needs a third party company to do average everyday custodial work. If I had cleaned the tables with a mop at the coffee shop I used to work at, I would have been fired immediately. The fact that everyone on here is ok with her doing that is disturbing. But I will say that the person shouldn't of just sat there and recorded her doing what she was doing. I would have gotten management or at least another CM and pointed her out. But hey..

Edited: March 6, 2016, 11:27 AM

I am in agreement with Aaron. Also, whilst we don't eat directly off the table you do rest your hands on there and touch the tables inbetween eating - I mean you wouldn't rub you hands on a floor then pick up your sandwich. I don't agree with what the poster has done, but cleaning the tables with the floor mop is not a good idea. I have worked in catering and know that table clothes are changed/washed regularly, floor mops are usually used a few times before cleaning, so dont have the same level of cleanliness

March 6, 2016, 1:27 PM

It's not like Disney sanctions or promotes this practice. With 74k employees in Orlando they are bound to have a few bad eggs. It happens. And when you see it happen - tell someone - don't just anonymously post it on some website to try and get hits on your youtube account.

Edited: March 7, 2016, 4:50 AM

I get that this is a bad practice but I agree with TH, you just want to trash Disney. I was thinking that new users could get some sort of strike system for spam, and if they didn't get three strikes in the first month they could become an "Insider".

EDIT: This person has not even visited the site since the day they joined so... spam.

March 7, 2016, 7:13 AM

This would never happen at Universal.. hahahahah - Just kidding..

Every company has disgruntle employee's that are just waiting to get fired.....

March 7, 2016, 11:10 AM

So it turns out that the person worked for a contracting service and was fired.

March 7, 2016, 3:03 PM

Wait, are we saying that using a mop to clean a table is wrong? Here I thought my swiffer was handy with reaching the other side of the table.

In all serious though- if a table is cleaned with a mop and food is accidentally dropped on it, does the five second rule still apply?

March 7, 2016, 10:17 PM

I get a little apprehensive when there is somebody from left field come out and join the site to post.

March 28, 2016, 2:28 PM

Yes the person who posted the video should have said something at the time, but also don't have problem with them posting it online too. If you work at a theme park, in a public area, you should always assume you are being filmed by someone. Of course, someone working for a contracting service might not have the same dedication as a Disney employee.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive