2010's new year's resolutions for theme park fans
Written by Robert Niles
Published: December 30, 2009 at 1:04 PM
I'd like to repeat a list of new year's resolutions that I first ran one year ago today
. For those who read it then, how many did you keep?
- To spend a day at a theme park we've not visited within the past 10 years, or ever.
- To go on at least one old attraction we've never been on at a park we've visited many times.
- To walk an uninterrupted lap around the park at some point on every visit -- not to get anywhere, but just for the sights and the exercise.
- To let the other folks go first when we get to the queue entrance at the same time.
- To start a conversation in a queue with another visitor we don't know.
- To start a conversation with a park employee whom we don't know.
- To give a lost visitor directions.
- To ask for directions when we are lost.
- To go to a park's guest services desk on our way out of the park and compliment the work of a specific park employee.
- After each visit, to post more attraction, restaurant and hotel reviews to ThemeParkInsider.com. ;-)
I'm happy to say that I kept most of these - including spending a day this year at four theme parks I'd not visited in a long time, or ever: Holiday World, Kings Island, Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Dollywood.
I think that this list holds up well. What are your new year's resolutions, as a theme park fan? What would you like to see as a resolution from your favorite theme park?
This article has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.
Previous article: 2010 Best Theme Park Attraction nominee: Popeye & Bluto's Bilge-Rat Barges at Universal's Islands of Adventure
How to save money on a Disney World trip
Top U.S. Theme Parks
Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney California Adventure
Universal's Islands of Adventure
Universal Studios Florida
Universal Studios Hollywood
SeaWorld San Diego
Busch Gardens Tampa
Other Top International Parks
Universal Studios Japan
Hong Kong Disneyland
Walt Disney Studios Paris
Universal Studios Singapore
Features, News and Advice
"Stories from a Theme Park Insider"
"Theme Park Insider: Orlando 2014"
The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
The Theme Park Insider Awards
What's under construction for 2014/5?
How to stay safe at a theme park
2005 (Dec 27-31)
2005 (Jan-Dec 26)
Theme Park Insider Guidebooks
Theme Park Insider: Orlando 2014 features our reader ratings, tips, and advice for visiting Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, SeaWorld and more!
Kindle | iBooks | Paperback