2010's new year's resolutions for theme park fans
Published: December 30, 2009 at 1:04 PM
- To spend a day at a theme park we've not visited within the past 10 years, or ever.
- To go on at least one old attraction we've never been on at a park we've visited many times.
- To walk an uninterrupted lap around the park at some point on every visit -- not to get anywhere, but just for the sights and the exercise.
- To let the other folks go first when we get to the queue entrance at the same time.
- To start a conversation in a queue with another visitor we don't know.
- To start a conversation with a park employee whom we don't know.
- To give a lost visitor directions.
- To ask for directions when we are lost.
- To go to a park's guest services desk on our way out of the park and compliment the work of a specific park employee.
- After each visit, to post more attraction, restaurant and hotel reviews to ThemeParkInsider.com. ;-)
I'm happy to say that I kept most of these - including spending a day this year at four theme parks I'd not visited in a long time, or ever: Holiday World, Kings Island, Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Dollywood.
I think that this list holds up well. What are your new year's resolutions, as a theme park fan? What would you like to see as a resolution from your favorite theme park?