Feel free to post the answers to the questions below, but it might be a better strategy to click on my profile, then on send a message, and privately send me your answers (if you privately send me your answers, I will post in the thread saying that I got them).
If we go through these too fast I can publish more.....so take a try at all of them. Some of these are easy and some are really hard.
Note 1: There is only one coordinate set that is for a park instead of a specific attraction....hopefully you will know when you get there...
Note 2: Feel free to discuss your strategies on how to answer these questions in the talkback below.
Now on to the coordinates.......
1) 1.25323°N 103.82398°E
2) 32.756389°N 97.073056°W
3) 51.402623°N, 0.511905°W
4) 37.23187°N 76.64698°W
5) 31.144°N 121.657°E
6) 28.48088°N 81.46756°W
7) 27.907972°S 153.3125°E
8) 35.6334°N 139.8783°E
9) 29.45528°N 98.69609°W
10) 38.121389°N 86.911389°W
11) 48.87059°N 2.77558°E
12) 28.47178°N 81.47388°W
13) 28.42087°N 81.58286°W
14) 33.12756°N 117.31361°W
15) 48.26478°N 7.71997°E
16) 28.03664°N 82.42465°W
17) 32.76683°N 117.22526°W
18) 34.1406°N 118.3567°W
19) 39.86581°N 116.48841°E
20) 35.48864°N 138.78091°E
21) 33.8098°N 117.9213°W
22) 41.483958°N 82.686217°W
23) 52.98656°N 1.89645°W
24) 33.807222°N 117.920833°W
25) 28.373277°N 81.547663°W
That was really fun! I approve of this game.
We could also do some seriously difficult ones like: "B&M Coasters always scramble my brain. Name the coaster that did this to me, my GPS says that I am here (coordinates somewhere randomly picked in the middle of Ohio)".
I do like your idea about restaurants and shops...
Lots to think about......
You correctly identified all of the ones you tried!
Great job, James!
You only missed 10, 12, 19, 20.
10 is hard because despite the fact that the attraction in question is over 5 years old, Google doesn't have an updated map showing it.
12, you are in the right neighborhood, but we are looking for an attraction, not a land.
19, we could probably get into a debate about what the translated name of the attraction is, but I know it as one of the most beautifully themed roller coasters in the world.
20, the red track is a clue. Fujiyama has white track.
Do you want more of these?
OK, #12 is Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey at IOA
I think that #10 is The Voyage coaster, but I can't seem to get the Google pic and the website map to match up.
The other two I have no idea.
Great challenge! Do it again, and I promise to be more careful next time I post an answer.
.....I would have posted new questions already, but I have been sick as a dog the last couple of days.....
Well, here are the two answers that we couldn’t come up with.
20. Eejanaika (Fuji-Q Highland). This roller coaster is unique in that it is the only other truly 4th dimensional roller coaster (like X2 at Magic Mountain) on the planet, although another one is being built in China right now.
More coordinates tomorrow………
Here is the complete key to the answers:
1) 1.25323°N 103.82398°E - Jurassic Park River Ride (USS)
2) 32.756389°N 97.073056°W - New Texas Giant (SFOT)
3) 51.402623°N, 0.511905°W - Saw - The Ride (Thorpe)
4) 37.23187°N 76.64698°W - Curse of DarKastle (BGW)
5) 31.144°N 121.657°E - Shanghai Disney Resort
6) 28.48088°N 81.46756°W - Men In Black (USF)
7) 27.907972°S 153.3125°E - Superman Escape (WB Movie World Austrialia)
8) 35.6334°N 139.8783°E - Star Tours (Disneyland Tokyo)
9) 29.45528°N 98.69609°W - Steel Eel (SWoT)
10) 38.121389°N 86.911389°W - The Voyage (Holiday World)
11) 48.87059°N 2.77558°E - Big Thunder Mountain (DLP)
12) 28.47178°N 81.47388°W - Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey (IOA)
13) 28.42087°N 81.58286°W - Haunted Mansion (DMK)
14) 33.12756°N 117.31361°W - Volvo Driving School (LC)
15) 48.26478°N 7.71997°E - Euro-Mir (Europa Park)
16) 28.03664°N 82.42465°W - Shreikra (BGT)
17) 32.76683°N 117.22526°W - Shark Encounter (SWC)
18) 34.1406°N 118.3567°W - Revenge of the Mummy (USH)
19) 39.86581°N 116.48841°E - Crystal Wings (Happy Valley Beijing)
20) 35.48864°N 138.78091°E - Eejanaika (Fuji-Q Highland)
21) 33.8098°N 117.9213°W - Indiana Jones (Disneyland)
22) 41.483958°N 82.686217°W - Top Thrill Dragster (Cedar Point)
23) 52.98656°N 1.89645°W - Oblivion (Alton Towers)
24) 33.807222°N 117.920833°W - Grizzly River Run (DCA)
25) 28.373277°N 81.547663°W - Test Track (Epcot)
Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom
Disney's Animal Kingdom
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Disney California Adventure
Universal Studios Florida
Universal's Islands of Adventure
Universal Studios Hollywood