Disney Sells Out Shanghai Disneyland's Opening Day

Edited: March 31, 2016, 10:05 PM

Tickets for the opening day of Shanghai Disneyland sold out within minutes of their being made available on the resort's website this week. The world's 12th Disney theme park opens on June 16, along with the neighboring Disneyland and Toy Story Hotels.

Tickets to Shanghai Disneyland are tied to a specific date of visit and the price will vary between regular and high seasons. Tickets for the first weeks of operation are all priced to the high season — about US$77 a day. Hotel prices start at about US$130 a night for the Toy Story Hotel and about $286 a night for the Disneyland Hotel. Room remain available at both hotels for the park's opening week and beyond.

Shanghai Disneyland tickets also are sold out for the first Saturday of operation, June 18, but are available for the 17th and all days after the 19th, according to a search on shanghaidisneyresort.com/en/tickets.

So... who's going? ;^)

Replies (5)

March 30, 2016, 2:10 PM

Still think the park will fail, just a disaster waiting to happen.

March 30, 2016, 4:15 PM

I like your optimism there Jaiden.

April 2, 2016, 2:33 PM

Disneyland Hotel rates still seem pretty high even for China. Also "Disney Sucess" is usually different from actual success.

Let's also remember that HK Disneyland was not as thought out or built as efficiently as the new Shanghai version. Disney has a knack for opening weak parks and then making them better (AK and DCA for example)

April 2, 2016, 11:32 PM

I'm going!

After researching it, I decided my best bet was to aim for booking the night of the 16th at the Toy Story Hotel, since registered guests are guaranteed the ability to purchase park tickets. I knew most people were aiming for tickets. When everyone zigs, I try to zag.

I did a Live Chat on the Shanghai Disney website to confirm, and took a screenshot, just in case.

So yes, my wife and I, will be going to Shanghai Disneyland on the 16th and 17th, and staying on-site. I'm very very excited, and YES, I will write a review.

April 3, 2016, 2:18 AM

Awesome Gabriel. Look forward to hearing about it.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive