Shanghai Disneyland

Edited: September 1, 2016, 9:23 AM

Has anyone seen this steady-cam video walk through of Shanghai Disneyland?

The video is great and the park looks massive. However, is it just me, but it is so big it doesn't have the magic and charm of the other castle parks? Overall it seems more like a cross between a Universal park and Epcot. The castle looks lost in the vastness of the park and it looks almost too 'real' rather than 'fairytale'

Still, I'd love to go and the rides look GREAT from what I've seen on other sites, but it just wasn't what I was expecting

Replies (4)

August 31, 2016, 4:34 AM

The park IS massive. But once you've walked around it and get your bearings a little bit, it feels more comfortable. I don't think it's anything like a Universal park, to be honest. It definitely feels like a Disney theme park, and though the castle is huge, it doesn't get lost in the park.

The biggest difference is that there is no Main Street USA. There is definitely an area in front of the castle that has Main Street USA buildings. But it's not laid out like a street.

The Pirates of the Caribbean section was the only section that seemed strange to me, though I liked it. I just didn't love it.

Anyway, it's a fantastic park, huge, and definitely a two-day event.

August 31, 2016, 8:50 AM

If you been to original Disneyland, the Magic Kingdom at Disney World seems really big. I do think the Magic Kingdom has a lot less charm than Disneyland. Shanghai Disneyland looks really big, but this gives them a lot of expansion room. Their Mickey Town looks charming.

August 31, 2016, 2:54 PM

I think it's going to be hard to judge the park until all those expansion sites are filled in. It feels like 60 percent of a park spread out across 100 percent of its space.

September 1, 2016, 4:28 AM

Ok yeah, that all makes sense, you can never get the full effect from a video, am hoping to get there in next couple of years. Not been to China since the mid 90s. Be interesting to see how fast it expands. Does anyone know how well it is doing? Good numbers or more Hong Kong like

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive