Theme Park Insider Creator Showcase: What are you working on?

Edited: November 5, 2019, 8:13 PM

One of the great things about the themed entertainment industry is the creativity of the people who work in and follow it. So many of us are theater geeks, musicians, writers, builders, crafters, or other form of creators. I think we should share what we do with others in the community whenever we can, including here on Theme Park Insider.

Got a play, song, book, exhibit, or other project you've done that you'd like to share with the community? Let's hear about it! (To be clear, we're looking for creative works here - please no MLM links or stuff like that.)

Replies (2)

November 5, 2019, 8:15 PM

Many of you who have been reading the site for some time likely have noticed that I sometimes include my (now-grown) children in the site's coverage. My daughter Natalie has written several pieces for us recently, and my son Brian helped launch our video coverage. (Hey, we're a family business here.)

These days, Brian is working as a professional video director... even though he still manages to shoot a few things at theme parks. As a proud parent, I'd like share some of the videos he has directed.

Back on Halloween Horror Nights' opening night at Universal Studios Hollywood, while I was going through all the mazes for us on Theme Park Insider, Brian was going through with actor Jaime Camil, shooting and directing the first video for the Coco and Jane the Virgin star's new YouTube channel.

Earlier this summer, Brian did a video with Stranger Things star Noah Schnapp on the Santa Monica Pier.

Beyond theme parks, Brian has been directing music videos, including one for his former Los Angeles County High School for the Arts classmate Char.

But his biggest videos so far have been for rap star Blueface. (Potentially NSFW lyrics, if you've got the speakers on. The first one debuted at Number 5 on the U.S. chart for top music videos!)

Edited: November 15, 2019, 8:32 AM

Concept development.
For instance, at new regional theme park:

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive