The Mummy Ride @ USH

February 24, 2020, 11:41 AM

Hi you guys. I’m making this because I’d like to know how intense the Mummy ride is at Universal Hollywood. I’ve been on every other ride at the park minus this one and love every ride, including Flight of the Hippogriff. I can handle the Mummy ride as long as it doesn’t have loops or go upside down. So, a few questions:

1. How intense is the Mummy ride in comparison to any of the other rides at USH?
2. Are there loops or does it go upside down?
3. How long is the ride, generally?

If I could get some answers here that would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Replies (8)

Edited: February 24, 2020, 12:09 PM

Revenge of the Mummy at USH does not go upside down. It is a combination dark ride and roller coaster with portions of the ride where the train travels slowly through highly themed scenes followed by a traditional coaster section with less detailed theming. The train travels both forwards and backwards with a top speed of 40 MPH. The coaster uses LIMs (linear induction motors) to launch the train with a total ride experience @2 minutes. It is definitely more intense than Flight of the Hippogriff, and being a roller coaster is more dynamic than Forbidden Journey, The Simpsons, or Transformers. I'd say there's no single element that is as daunting as the drop on Jurassic World, so if you don't have any issues with that, nothing on Mummy should bother you.

Edited: February 24, 2020, 12:38 PM

I've long joked that the Revenge of the Mummy at USH and The Dragon at Legoland California are basically the same ride. Yes, Mummy is both physically and thematically more intense, but if you can handle the physics on one, you pretty much can handle the other. I did a construction tour of the ride 15 years ago, which includes a "lights on" view of the track so you can see what you are getting: An Inside Look at Universal's Revenge of the Mummy.

February 24, 2020, 4:37 PM

It's tough to compare Mummy to other rides at USH since they don't have any other major roller coaster attractions, but I'd say it's probably about on par with Space Mountain at Disneyland in terms of intensity. If you can handle Forbidden Journey without issue, you should have no problem on Mummy. The ride does not contain any inversions or large drops, and is mostly a series of turns taken at moderate speeds. It isn't overly forceful and is pretty smooth, but the direction changes can be unexpected as the ride takes place in complete darkness. In total, it's about 2 minutes long, but maybe half of that is actual roller coaster. Basically, the first part of the ride is a slow-moving dark ride, then you hit a launch (the most intense part of the ride, and something that can catch first timers off guard) that accelerates you into a short coaster section. After this, the ride stops abruptly, then launches backward through a second short coaster section. There's then one final show scene after the coaster section before you return to the station.

February 26, 2020, 11:35 AM

Thanks for all the help you guys. Gonna have to ride it on my next trip to USH! :)

March 9, 2020, 5:02 PM

Update: Rode it. Loved it. Definitely one I’ll have to ride again

March 9, 2020, 11:39 PM

That's great! Did you ride Hagrids? If so, how was your experience?

March 10, 2020, 7:23 AM

@Postcott - I think the OP was referring to the installation at USH in California. There's no Hagrids at that park, just Orlando.

Edited: March 11, 2020, 12:59 AM

Oh, my bad. I remembered reading this thread when it first was posted and saw that it came back and thought it was USO. I'm just pretty excited to ride Hagrids soon. Glad you enjoyed it ACatMeow17. Hopefully you'll be able to experience the version in Orlando.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive