NBC Sports Grill and Brew

Edited: September 9, 2015, 2:19 PM

I received my passholder e-mail this past weekend that announced that it will be opening "Fall 2015." Since this e-mail there has been quite a bit of speculation as to when it's going to actually open. Most recent rumors say that it's going to have a soft opening September 15th. Others are reporting it still looked like they had quite a bit of cosmetic stuff to do as of this past weekend. Some say that the big TVs outside were already on.

Anyone on here have any idea? I'm going to be down there the 19th and will be able to check it out then. Crossing my fingers for a soft opening while I'm down, but not getting my hopes up. Over 100 beers and HD TVS? I'm game.

Replies (16)

September 9, 2015, 2:14 PM

Why is is under the WDW tag?

September 9, 2015, 2:20 PM

Fixed

Edited: September 9, 2015, 5:59 PM

So it's a sports bar with a lot of different beers and a bunch of TV monitors ... As opposed to the Ale House right across Kirkman Road?

September 9, 2015, 6:23 PM

OOPS. I wasn't paying attention earlier. Sorry about the tag problem.... that's what happens when you're posting on boards while working.... :)

And TH I have no idea. I've never been to the Ale House. It's been quite a while since I've stayed on site at UO. But yes, it is going to be a sports bar, it looks like 2 or 3 huge screens facing outward at city walk. Has an open kitchen, over 75 menu items, 100 beers, and 100 HD TVs. If that's like the Ale house then... yes.

September 11, 2015, 3:55 AM

I am not sure if they have "over 75 menu items, 100 beers, and 100 HD TVs" at the Ale House. But then I am not able to parrot their press release.

September 11, 2015, 9:41 AM

Watching sports at a sport bar is a big waste of time and money. Very loud and poor sight lines. Aside from the food and drink, what's the big deal? Many sports bars in my area closed down.

September 11, 2015, 10:20 AM

I liked NBA City... I hope the new place has a dessert to replace those delicious Cinnamon Berries. =(

September 11, 2015, 5:38 PM

There are a lot of negative nancys here these days. Geeez. Nevermind

September 12, 2015, 3:24 PM

I ate there when it was the NASCAR Café and it had the absolute worst food and I never went back, anything has to be better.

September 12, 2015, 4:02 PM

I work close to where the NBC grill is and it looks like there is still some work that has to get done and I wouldn't think it's going to be opening real soon. As for the NBA City restaurant, I have heard from a very reputable source that it's going to be a Cheesecake Factory.

September 13, 2015, 8:55 AM

Mmmmmm.....Cheesecake Factory.

I haven't eaten at either of these places. Only Hard Rock and Margaritaville.

September 13, 2015, 4:08 PM

Cheesecake Factory seems to be a wise move for Universal. Restraunts of the chain take up a large footprint, and NBA city seems to fit.

On a personal note, I would liked to have the Jekell and Hyde club come to City Walk at some point, as it works well with the popularity of HHN.

September 13, 2015, 10:04 PM

I don't feel like cheesecake factory would fit, honestly. A lot of people like the unique local foods. Ive also heard that the opening has been pushed back to the first week of October. At first it was "moved back to Sept 21" then it was "Pushed to Oct 3" so they're experiencing delays for some reason or another. Either way, I'm honestly looking forward to it. I will be staying onsite and I love that there's a large variety of places. This will be a good go-to and sit and drink place.

September 25, 2015, 9:43 PM

CHEESECAKE FACTORY??? Are you kidding me? That would SUCK...every town in America has a Cheesecake Factory. why would you be excited about putting a stinkin' Cheesecake Factory in the middle of a place that is supposed to be unique, exciting and innovative....I guess I'm just sick and tired of the Cheesecake Factories, Olive Gardens and Chipolte's sprouting up on every corner....they draw in large crowds, sure, but it's like Walmart....they drive business away from the cool, good, local places.....do they have good Cheesecake? Yes. but if you want Cheesecake Factory, go to the mall. It's nothing more than mall food....give us something Unique Universal....I LOVE the idea of a Jeckly and Hyde restaurant. Or ANYTHING that's not on every street corner in America....

September 26, 2015, 10:28 AM

Mr. Harris writes: "Cheesecake Factory seems to be a wise move ..."

I Reply: No doubt! Especially if they couldn't land a Dennys or TGI Fridays. Should really add to the unique dining experience that a guest could get at the mall three miles down the road or the CCF in Winter Park.

September 27, 2015, 5:00 PM

I SINCERELY hope the Cheesecake Factory rumor is false...snore!

Regarding the NBC Grill (also a snore in my opinion....) -- we were down there last week for HHN and happened to hear one of the boat captains talking to a guest about the Grill. Didn't get all the details, but apparently they hired one crew to come in and do work on part of the restaurant and they totally screwed it up. That crew was fired and another one brought in to finish the job. So that probably explains the delays on the opening dates.

The really funny thing was that the boat captain was talking about how incredibly long it was taking them to finish the restaurant. Having seen it in May when they were still removing references to NASCAR, and seeing it last week, I gotta say that it may still be far behind, but it's still going up faster than anything Disney has done lately ;-)

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive