No More Fried Green Tomato Sandwiches

September 13, 2015, 2:27 PM

Disneyland has taken its fan-favorite Fried Green Tomato Sandwich off the menu at the Hungry Bear Restaurant.

Disneyland also has removed the Turkey and Provolone Sandwich and Big Al's Chicken Salad from the menu, replacing them with a Turkey Caesar Wrap and "Picnic Salad" (which substitutes smoked turkey and strawberries for the smoked chicken and watermelon on the Big Al's salad). A pulled pork hot dog replaces the Fried Green Tomato Sandwich.

The prices for cheeseburgers and chili cheeseburgers are up 50 cents, as well, and it appears that the sweet potato fries have been replaced by regular french fries, too.

If you've noticed any other menu changes this weekend around the Disneyland Resort, tell us in the responses, please.

Replies (5)

September 13, 2015, 4:05 PM

Gessh, just how much can Disney take away from fans in a week?

September 13, 2015, 5:59 PM

Apparently, the baked potatoes at the Harbour Galley are now gone, too.

September 15, 2015, 9:41 AM

Maybe Disney is trying to see how much they can take away before attendance falls.

September 18, 2015, 5:34 AM

Wow. Every single one of those substitutions is depressing. You can't find sweet potato fries very many places, so are customers voting with their dollars? Are they complaining that they prefer regular fries? Maybe they can replace the Dole Whip with orange sorbet next?

October 4, 2015, 6:46 PM

This is very disappointing! As a vegetarian, it is fairly difficult to find great vegetarian options at Disney parks (although admittedly the US parks are miles ahead of the Asian parks in terms of options), and the fried green tomato sandwich was my absolute favorite meal. And it has been replaced with a pulled pork hot dog?? I also really liked the sweet potato fries. I guess I won't be returning to the Hungry Bear Restaurant.

This discussion has been archived and is no longer accepting responses.

Park tickets

Weekly newsletter

New attraction reviews

News archive