Cedar Point

Maverick

Maverick is an excellent roller coaster in Frontiertown and one of the best attractions at Cedar Point. The minimum height to ride is 52 inches.

This 4,400-foot-long Intamin coaster has a LSM "lift" hill and a LSM launch in a tunnel underneath the station. The first hill is 105 feet tall and drops at a 95 degree angle. The coaster includes several airtime hills and 2 inversions; Maverick originally was supposed to have 3 inversions, but the heartline roll was taken out (It put lots of stress on the trains) leaving Maverick with 2 inversions.

Cedar Point tickets Buy Tickets: For discount tickets to Cedar Point, visit our officially authorized Cedar Point tickets page.

Reviews of Maverick

How do you rate this?
A "best in the park" must-do
Not a must-do, but also recommended
Something if you have the time
Skip it

Register and log in to submit a written review, as well as a rating.

I have ridden a lot of roller coasters in my 50+ years on this planet, but the crème de la crème, the big cheese, the grand poohbah remains Maverick at Cedar Point. It is not the tallest or fastest, but from the nimble lift hill to the mid-course launch, to the furious twists and turns that end the ride, Maverick is an exhilarating, one-of-a-kind experience, and pretty much the best roller coaster I have ever ridden (even with Steel Vengeance close by). Simply the most fun I have had with my clothes on. ;)

The one thing I need to say is this coaster is not for the faint of heart. It is as wild as you can get. If you like intense rides or your extremely crazy, this is the ride for you. I personally loved it and thought the second part of it, after the launch was super fun. I was pleasantly surprised by how powerful that lunch was. It ranks in my top 4 coasters I’ve ridden. Highly recommend it to anyone who can wrangle the Wild West.

Theme Park Tickets