It's Tough to Be a Bug

4D movie

Brandon Mendoza

Published: February 17, 2010

The characters from the Disney-Pixar film, "A Bug's Life" run amok on screen and in the audience. This 3-D film allows guests to experience what it's like to be an insect or arachnid.

Flik, the protagonist from "A Bug's Life", is our guide through this educational show. Of course, something goes wrong, and chaos ensues!

Through the use of theatrical lighting, animatronics, 3-D film, and other special effects, "A Bug's Life" provides an experience using sight, sound, smell, and even touch!

This 9 minute film may be frightening for some children.

Guests may remain in their wheelchairs, ECVs, or motorized scooters.

James Rao
Far as I can tell, TTBAB at DCA is identical to the excellent 3D show in Orlando at Disney's Animal Kingdom.
Carl Stovall
Good show. It was a bit too intense for my four-year-old, but fun for everyone else.
Jeff Haslam
As 3-D and 4-D interactive movies have become more and more of a staple at theme parks around the world, It's Tough to Be a Bug in my opinion, still stands tall as one of the best. I've seen it, as well as its competitors, a dozen times or more. It competes with Universal's Terminator 3-D, though I give the edge to Bug because it appeals to a much larger audience. Terminator's effects are definitely better, but where Disney lacks in overall effects, it makes up for in nostalgia, appeal and fun.

Any trip to California Adventure would be amiss without a stop at It's Tough To Be A Bug. Having said that, its a little dated in terms of high-definition and cutting edge effects. A little plussing up wouldn't hurt.

daniel reyes
this is my favorite 3d show it has great visual effects and its hilarious
Jeff Moon
My favorite 4D attraction out there. They use a wide vary of effects including some that you won't find anywhere else (the bugs under seat and wasp sting). Go on it any time in the day the lines are never long.
Brendan Harrison
I liked the effects, and the show itself was perfect. My son got a little scared, but he kept on saying wow when the Audio Animatronic Hopper came out. He kept on humming the final song, "We are Pollinators"

For Me, the poster was humorous and the show was great.