Radiator Springs Racers

Track ride

Published: June 16, 2012

This high-speed track ride puts riders in the middle of a race featuring characters from the Pixar animated film 'Cars' opened officially with the rest of Cars Land on June 15, 2012.

From the editor of Theme Park Insider's review: "We often joke here on Theme Park Insider about that moment in every theme park attraction when something goes terribly wrong. But Radiator Springs Racers is one major theme park ride where nothing ever does go terribly wrong. It's a day in the 'Happily Ever After' instead - when Lightning McQueen's made his friends, there are no villains to be found, and there's nothing more important facing us than a high-speed race around Carburetor County."

David Matecki
I think this ride is a little over hyped. Don't get me wrong it was fun but I think you move through the dark part way too fast. Overall still a top ride.
Brendan Sutton
One of the greatest dark rides ever created by Disney! This ride is absolutely stunning in every respect! The AAs are amazing, the atmosphere and theming is top notch, and the ride provides a level of thrills that will not scare away young children but will still satisfy the average roller coaster enthusiast. Be sure to ride Radiator Springs Racers first thing in the morning as the line for the ride builds up quickly and remains high throughout the day. 10/10
Jonathan Guire
This is my FAVORITE ride ANYWHERE.

The Cars movies suck in my opinion, but that doesn't matter. Even if nobody in your party is the 7-year-old-boy target demographic for the Cars franchise, the ride is AMAZING.

Radiator Springs Racers is a modern E-ticket, but unlike most of the recent modern major rides, it has NO DEPENDANCY on screens. Everything is physically happening in front of you - and the physical setting of the ride is SPECTATCULAR. The animatronics are some of the most impressive I've ever seen. Beyond that, the rockwork and environment you ride through is SPECTACULAR. It's unbelievable that the mountains are artificial. Outside the setting of the ride, RSR is generally enjoyable. The ride scenes are fun to ride through (And like I said, I am not a fan of the Cars movies), and the fast-paced race at the end of the ride is thrilling, but won't give you a headache or make you throw up. This ride is a definite 10/10. It beats any ride I've ever been on.

Kevin Erlendsson
This ride has everything great about Test Track and makes it 1000 times better. I took a vacation with my family in the summer of 2012 specifically for Radiator Springs. The ride broke down when I first road it, and the wait was about 3 hours. Honestly, I wait in line for a year to ride it again.
Super Sam
This is a must see attraction. Although it's short, it's a great ride for families to go on. Can be scary for young kids, but very fun. In my opinion, the best ride at ca adventure is ca screaming. This ride is maybe the third best. This attraction did wow me, but not enough for it to be my number one ride at ca adventure. Four stars out of five.
James Rao
Just amazing. Sometimes you experience an attraction that reminds you why you like theme parks in the first place, and Radiator Springs Racers is that type of ride. It renews your faith in Imagineering and gets you excited for great things to come. Radiator Springs Racers is a poster child for an E-Ticket attraction. If you don't have plans to visit DCA and experience Radiator Springs Racers first hand – why not? It is an absolute must do. Wow.
Charles Davis
The ride itself is great, albeit a tad short. The first part is cute and fun, and the race portion is a gas. That being said, the music while you're waiting in line (which can be quite a wait) sucks. Yes, that's right, it sucks. I don’t care that “it’s from the movie” or that it fits with the genre of the location and characters. It’s some of the most annoying, mindless drivel I have ever been forced to listen to. Just when you’re thinking “this has got to be the stupidest song I’ve ever heard”, the next song starts up and it’s even stupider. By the time we were actually on the ride I was ready to put a gun in my mouth. Beats Audio should do a commercial here like the one where the quarterback gets off the bus and drowns out the yelling crowd with his noise-cancelling headphones. Believe me, I’ll have some before I come back. I can’t possibly be the only person who feels this way. I have a great appreciation for many different styles and eras of music, but this was really, really awful.
Joe Keenen
Pretty cool ride, especially if you're into the Cars movies. I enjoyed the racing portion of the ride but other than that I was pretty uninterested. I will say, however, that Disney does an amazing job with the theming. It really doesn't get much better. I especially liked the animations of the characters from the movies. Overall this is a magnificent ride for Cars lovers, good ride for the average person. 7/10
Rob McCullough
Jaw dropping.
But don't be a chump. Single rider line is the only way to ride unless you have young children who can not be left alone.
Brendan Harrison
Woo! RSR is the next big hit at the Disney parks!

We managed to arrive 1 hour prior to opening to find out only 4 people were waiting at the front gate!
The gate opened at about 8:30 and we were all getting fastpasses ready for 11am by 9am.

Then, the moment begins. The queue is basically an oasis made by Stanley, a car who found Radiator Springs.
The ride was amazing; just amazing. A very nice dark-ride section mixed with a high speed ending. Disney has outdone themselves with a mixture of family-fun and thrills which is RSR.

Eli G
I rode in July, and all the effects were working, which was great to see! :)
Jorge Perez
I rode the attraction on 7/2/13 and every detail of the ride worked as designed. It looks like Disney read the reviews in this page and fixed those things that were not working. We had a lot of fun.