Men In Black Alien Attack

Dark ride

Published: March 29, 2014

Enter the Men in Black headquarters for training in identifying and neutralizing space aliens that have invaded New York City. You'll ride in a six-person, spinning vehicle through the streets of New York, zapping aliens in this video game come to life. You are competing individually for top scores, and your car also is competing as a team against the car on the track opposite yours. A high top score earns you "the suit" as an MIB agent.

A few tips: Never let up on the trigger. When you hit a target, keep hitting it as long as you're scoring points from it. Aliens on the second floors of the buildings are typically worth more than those on the ground level. After the scene with the big spaceship, look for an alien on a bench, reading a newspaper, and shoot it. The newspaper will lower to reveal an alien Steven Spielberg, whom you can hit for big points. When your car turns to face the other car in the "scanning" scene, aim for the big red light "exhaust port" atop the other car. (Heck, turn around and shoot at your own exhaust port, too, for extra points.) Finally, when Zed tells you to push the red button, the first one in the car to push it gets an additional 100,000 points. Aggressive use of the available single rider line can get you the extra rides, and the experience, you need to go for the maximum high score of 999,999.

Jonathan Katz
Great theming and a competitive spirit make this ride a must do. 9/10
melissa s

MiB is such a fun little dark ride. I love the fully themed sets, the animatronics (when they work of course), everything! The aiming is much easier than in similar rides. I'm not a fan of spinning, but I can handle this one. I just close my eyes during the Big Big Bug spin. I wish there were more dark rides around!
Christopher Sturniolo
While a good ride theming and story-wise, I wish there was an easier way of identifying the targets (like Buzz Lightyear) and hits. Did do better bc I remembered the red button.
Quentin Scruggs
My personal favorite ride at the park. I use single rider all the time to go on non stop in an attempt to max out, which I have done once. The animatronics may be a bit dated, but the ride's theme and competitive aspect make it tons of fun. If you miss this ride while here, you have failed.
Manny Barron
This is a fun ride. It's always cool to try to get a higher score than the other people in the ride vehicle and/or improving on your score. The Manhattan setting is well done and atmospheric.
Michelle Morgan
My favorite of this style of ride! I love that you can actually see what you are shooting. I also love that you can aim for the other cars and make them spin. Last time we rode, the others kept hitting ours, making us twirl and twirl.... best time I've ever ridden it...even though it did negatively affect my score!
Jaiden Cohen
I'm a big MIB and Will Smith fan, but really Universal? In express you skip the pre show, and the cheesy anamatronics are so out of date. This was originally going to be a ride with the Spider-Man Transformers technology but instead they went with the cat and the hat ride system. Needs a update. My gun didn't work one time I rode to. 5.5/10
Bryce McGibeny
Really fun! Probably the best shooter ride out there! There are immersive sets, animatronics, and a very detailed pre-show and queue. It's exciting and at the same time all around fun! 10/10

P.S. - Why does it only have an 8 on here? It deserves a 9!

O T
Great ride but a bit less spinning would make it perfect.
N B
You couldn't get a better recreation of the training scene in the movie than this ride. Simply incredible. 10/10