The Simpsons Ride

Motion Base Show

The Simpsons Ride replaced Back to the Future: The Ride in 2008, and uses the same motion-simulator seats in front of 80-foot IMAX screens as its predecessor. You’re visiting “Krustyland,” lining up for a ride on “Krusty’s Thrilltacular Teen-Operated Roller Coaster.” But then Sideshow Bob appears and — say it with me now — it all goes terribly wrong.

As Sideshow Bob tries to kill you during your wild ride through Krustyland and Springfield, look for the many references to various Universal, Disney, and SeaWorld attractions thrown into the ride film. If you watch carefully, you might even notice a cameo from Back to the Future’s Doc Brown. The ride also features 29 regular characters from The Simpsons, voiced by the original artists, including Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, and Kelsey Grammer.

In 2013, Universal rethemed the area around The Simpsons Ride as Springfield USA, adding a second Simpsons-themed ride to the land, as well as several counter-service restaurants, serving food and drinks featured in the animated TV series.

Join the Simpsons family as they go on their theme park adventure to Krustyland. This motion simulator ride is chalked full of characters straight from the show and generous portions of Simpsons humor–enough to make re-rides very entertaining! This ride is simply just a fun time. The ride is so private considering you go in separate rides with a group of people making it perfect to go on with family or friends. This ride replaced the beloved Back To The Future: The Ride, I did love that ride but honestly it was time for a change and an update for a more up to date and worthy successor to BTTF. This is a solid simulator ride that everyone should have no problem with. The Simpsons Ride is a big winner for me. I used to be a huge Simpsons fan, but I slowly lost interest in the show as I felt it became less about clever parody and more about quick stupid laugh tracks. This attraction feels like Simpsons episodes of the past, a theme park attraction that wryly skewers other theme park attractions with most jokes hitting the mark. In The ride itself is fine, recycling the same system from Back to the Future: The Ride, but I felt the real highlight here was the humor. Besides the sight gags throughout, there are TV monitors along the queue playing a combination of clips from Simpsons episodes that dealt with theme parks and brand new animation made exclusively for this attraction. So you’ll get to see all the classic moments from when The Simpsons went to places like Duff Gardens, as well as hilarious new scenes such as Homer Simpson trying to sneak food into the parks. There is even a segment that explains the backstory on how BTTF became The Simpsons Ride, with Doc Brown signing over the rights of the Institute of Future Technology over to Krusty the Clown showing references to the past attraction. In fact, the queue and preshow with the Krustyland carnival theme is incredibly neat and well done. The ride itself is really fun and it feels like your own experience using a huge I-MAX screen. There is also a baby powder smell to add to the experience to make it feel like you're actually in Maggie's mouth, it's super unique. However, the entrance and Springfield in general is nowhere near as perfect as Hollywood's version. This version feels very cramped and smaller. Also, it's not the best simulator in the whole resort, there are others that are just better. The ride is very bumpy and can be a little to crazy at some points. Besides these flaws, this should be a must do, everyone will absolutely love this crazy attraction from start to finish. It's one of the most enjoyable and hilarious rides at Universal Orlando. Certainly, ride "The Simpsons Ride." 8.5/10
Universal, start talking to Turner Broadcasting to re-theme this to The Amazing World of Gumball. It's the 21st century's family-friendly answer to The Simpsons, and currently on its fifth season, still is young and has charm left. You can't say that about The Simpsons today.

You may question Gumball's world-recognition compared to Adventure Time, Teen Titans Go, or even Steven Universe, especially in the United States, but trust me, attendance will skyrocket.

I feel like a lot of the rides in this park were made with chiropractor bills in mind. This ride threw me around too, and honestly, as a Simpsons fan, I wasn't really impressed with it. Would have preferred a more updated Back to the Future ride.
Most pathetic P.O.S. ride ever. The preshow is a Simpsons episode repeating endlessly. The ride itself is as idiotically stupid as can be. And takes about three minutes. Beware, avoid at all cost.
I partly prefer the preshow and clips to the ride itself. I adore the Simpsons humor, and I think that the queue and preshow just nail that. The ride itself is pretty good. I didn't get the best seat, so my perspective on the ride was a bit off which hurt it. While I think it is well done, it just really isn't much when compared to the other simulators in the resort. I'm glad it is there, and I hope it stays since I truly enjoy it. It just isn't really that great compared to the surrounding rides. 7/10
Unacceptable. The Simpsons that is not really appropriate for kids and they build a ride of it. Just shameful and teasing Disney, this is just such childish behavior. Now I hate Universal even more. And also it's not about rides it's also about feeling and going to a place with characters you love like Winnie the Pooh, like who can love the Simpsons like Winnie the Pooh.
This is a really great ride and the theming is well done. Love the queue area with all the characters. If you give this a low rating because its not BTTF like others have mentioned get over it! Yes I loved BTTF too but it was time for that ride to go. Who knows it might come back one day bigger and better.
Everyone is crying because BTTF is gone. GET OVER IT. I love the BTTF movie (the first one is one of my favorite films ever) but I appreciate hoy Universal replaced it with a superior experience. Thanks to that replacement, now that corner of the park has a great theming (Spingfield) too. The ride itself is great. The complete experience is filled with GREAT jokes. I specially love the pre-show featuring Itchy and Scratchy doing the safety video. As other people say, I don't find the ride rough or jerky. However, I have one problem with this ride: the projectors. This ride NEEDS an upgrade to high-def.
As comic book guy would say... BEST. RIDE. EVER. 10/10
This is a must ride when you're at Universal Studios, and you don't have to be a Simpsons fan to enjoy it (but it does help). I love the comedy and humor before and during the ride. I always laugh, even though I've been on the Simpsons ride a dozen times. The line goes pretty quick on this ride too.
Any fan of the show will love this ride. From start to finish, you are bombarded with Simpsons excellence. Even if the ride is a little rough, it's still great. 9/10

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter