The Simpsons Ride

Motion Base Show

The Simpsons Ride replaced Back to the Future: The Ride in 2008, and uses the same motion-simulator seats in front of 80-foot IMAX screens as its predecessor. You’re visiting “Krustyland,” lining up for a ride on “Krusty’s Thrilltacular Teen-Operated Roller Coaster.” But then Sideshow Bob appears and — say it with me now — it all goes terribly wrong.

As Sideshow Bob tries to kill you during your wild ride through Krustyland and Springfield, look for the many references to various Universal, Disney, and SeaWorld attractions thrown into the ride film. If you watch carefully, you might even notice a cameo from Back to the Future’s Doc Brown. The ride also features 29 regular characters from The Simpsons, voiced by the original artists, including Dan Castellaneta, Julie Kavner, Nancy Cartwright, Yeardley Smith, Hank Azaria, and Kelsey Grammer.

In 2013, Universal rethemed the area around The Simpsons Ride as Springfield USA, adding a second Simpsons-themed ride to the land, as well as several counter-service restaurants, serving food and drinks featured in the animated TV series.

I partly prefer the preshow and clips to the ride itself. I adore the Simpsons humor, and I think that the queue and preshow just nail that. The ride itself is pretty good. I didn't get the best seat, so my perspective on the ride was a bit off which hurt it. While I think it is well done, it just really isn't much when compared to the other simulators in the resort. I'm glad it is there, and I hope it stays since I truly enjoy it. It just isn't really that great compared to the surrounding rides. 7/10
Unacceptable. The Simpsons that is not really appropriate for kids and they build a ride of it. Just shameful and teasing Disney, this is just such childish behavior. Now I hate Universal even more. And also it's not about rides it's also about feeling and going to a place with characters you love like Winnie the Pooh, like who can love the Simpsons like Winnie the Pooh.
This is a really great ride and the theming is well done. Love the queue area with all the characters. If you give this a low rating because its not BTTF like others have mentioned get over it! Yes I loved BTTF too but it was time for that ride to go. Who knows it might come back one day bigger and better.
Everyone is crying because BTTF is gone. GET OVER IT. I love the BTTF movie (the first one is one of my favorite films ever) but I appreciate hoy Universal replaced it with a superior experience. Thanks to that replacement, now that corner of the park has a great theming (Spingfield) too. The ride itself is great. The complete experience is filled with GREAT jokes. I specially love the pre-show featuring Itchy and Scratchy doing the safety video. As other people say, I don't find the ride rough or jerky. However, I have one problem with this ride: the projectors. This ride NEEDS an upgrade to high-def.
As comic book guy would say... BEST. RIDE. EVER. 10/10
This is a must ride when you're at Universal Studios, and you don't have to be a Simpsons fan to enjoy it (but it does help). I love the comedy and humor before and during the ride. I always laugh, even though I've been on the Simpsons ride a dozen times. The line goes pretty quick on this ride too.
Any fan of the show will love this ride. From start to finish, you are bombarded with Simpsons excellence. Even if the ride is a little rough, it's still great. 9/10
While I still miss BTTF, this is a worthy successor and a good simulator ride. Biggest gripe is that the theming mostly relies on the video clips, but it works with the show's sense of humor.
I was a HUGE fan of Back to the Future, but this ride has more than made up for the tragic loss. The queue and preshow are hilarious. The ride itself is a blast, and once the projection system is updated, it should be on par with other rides at the resort. The motion can be a bait much for some people, and the hydraulics system needs some oil or something because it makes creaking sounds as you lift off the ground.