Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin

Shooter Ride

If you’ve got a young video-game lover in the family, this ride is a must. This was the first “shooter” ride in a major theme park when it debuted in 1998. As you ride through the attraction, you’ll be shooting guns mounted on your vehicle’s dashboard at alien targets as you try to help Buzz defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg. To get the best shot at the targets, and to throw off your opponent’s aim, use your car’s dashboard joystick to spin the car to the left or right. High score wins bragging rights. The competitive game element makes this a highly popular attraction to ride again and again, so lines really back up in the middle of a busy day. Tips? Target the arms on the giant red robot in the first room, then aim for the volcano on the far wall of the next room to score big, 100,000-point bonuses.

I'm definitely in a minority on this one, but I greatly prefer this to the Disneyland counterpart as well as the nearby MIB. I think the holstered guns make aiming easier, and I think it's really fun to see which targets are worth more points through re-rides. I think Flooded Mine @ Silver Dollar City and Toy Story Mania are the only other shooting rides that really compete with MK's Buzz. This is one of my favorite rides at Magic Kingdom.
I LOVE THIS RIDE! It's always fun for me and family/friends when we visited this park, and it is, in my humble opinion, the BEST RIDE AT MAGIC KINGDOM!
Overall rating: 10/10
Without a doubt, a very good ride!
This ride is pretty bad compared to the one at Disneyland. I went on this when I was 7, and it was hard for me to move my gun. It was a very frustrating experience.
It's a good diversion, but nothing spectacular, especially not in the era of Toy Story Mania. The guns don't really work well, and it's rather hard to aim in this version as they're connected to the car rather than kept on a cord. I'd suggest keeping this rid for as long as it remains popular, then quietly close it. I think it has overstayed its welcome a bit.
This ride provides for a nice point of competition as well as the Disney Magic that accompanies every attraction. Can you find the target worth the most points?
I really really like it but it's now compared to toy story mania, make another buzz ride or make the rumored Wall-E ride 8/10
I always like riding this... it's extremely cute. Unfortunately, after using the shooting mechanism on Toy Story Midway Mania, the shooting mechanism on Buzz Lightyear is sorely inadequate. A good portion of the time, you can't see which is your laser light, if you can see it at all. My 2 year old niece enjoyed the ride, but really didn't understand the game aspect of it. My favorite part is spinning the car through the dark!
Like Disneyland, aiming the lasers is getting harder and harder. Someone needs to calibrate the lasers or just close the ride. This is a must skip ride until they are fixed.
Cut out flat characters in a backlight lit environment looks cheap. Compared to man in black in Universal Orlando this is lazy and cheap. Not up to the Disney standard. Also this ride doesn't fit in the Tomorrowland theme, like monster incl and Stitch.