Welcome to Theme Park Insider! Join the community or log in
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email Newsletter

Jungle Cruise reviews

Theme Park Insider readers offer their ratings and reviews for Jungle Cruise, a tour in Adventureland at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom.

Written by
Theme Park Insider Editor
Posted: January 15, 2014

Climb aboard a tramp steamer inspired by the movie The African Queen for a cruise down the rivers of Asia, Africa, and South America. Your skipper will point out the animatronic "wildlife" along the way, while treating you to his spiel of pun-laden jokes.

The Jungle Cruise is as good as your skipper makes it. Several entertainers and Disney executives (including Pixar chief John Lasseter) got their start as skippers on Disneyland's Jungle Cruise. A great skipper, with fun jokes and the right delivery, can make a return visit to the Jungle Cruise as much fun as a revisit to a hot comedy club. A weak skipper, though, can have you noticing just how robotic some of those animals look. In 2013, Disney introduced a holiday version of the ride, called "Jingle Cruise," which added holiday-themed jokes to the skippers' scripts during November and December.

Readers' rating:

0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
131 votes, so far

Eh, I like it but it's getting old. I can see a nice Indiana Jones thrill ride right there ! - Owen Scott

I thought it compared favorably to the Disneyland version. We had a great tour guide, I think that makes or breaks the ride. - Jeff Krinock

The Walt Disney World Jungle Cruise is (hands down) the quintessential Walt Disney the park experience. It is perhaps the greatest attraction in the history of themed entertainment. - TH Creative

We reached this ride at night and I think that made it more realistic going through a Jungle. The skipper made the trip even better!!! My 7 year old had a blast and he does not like boats. - Meg T.

Very good Disney ride that can be made great if your skippers funny. When i went we had an Ok skipper that made the ride meh to us. - Justin Knight

Incredibly awesome. Rarely are skippers bad and the AAs are great! - David L.

Theme Park Insider: Orlando 2014

Theme Park Insider: Orlando 2014

Get all of Theme Park Insider's reader ratings, tips, and advice for planning a trip to Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando, or SeaWorld, in our new 2014 Orlando guidebook! It's more than 200 pages of well-tested, insider information that will help you get the most from your vacation.
Order now: Kindle | iBooks | Paperback | Kindle (UK)