Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid

Track Ride

You'll ride in clamshell-shaped seats through Ariel's undersea world, enjoying the music of Sebastian the Crab, then escaping the lure of Ursula the Sea Witch in this abbreviated retelling of Disney's animated hit The Little Mermaid.

A Disney dark ride with a lot of modern improvements and amazing animatronics. In my opinion, this is a very good standard Disney dark ride. It's nowhere near some of the past classics including Pooh, Peter, Snow White, or Mr. Toad (may those last two return some day) but it's still enjoyable for what it is. It's charming for a newer ride and I found it very engaging. This is one of the first times I think the Imagineers really hit a home run with new interactive queues. Here, the interactive crabs take a backseat to the stunning details of Prince Eric’s castle and the grotto around it, rather than being pushed to the forefront. The interactive element doesn’t feel forced, and it’s a best of both worlds result. Beyond that, the Little Mermaid queue makes the list because of its excellent variety. From passing under waterfalls and through rocky coves into the lavish castle itself, each step through the queue feels different and unique. Nothing is redundant or wasted. Even when the attraction is a walk-on, I take my time to walk through it slowly and take it all in. The water smell and colors of all of the details look beautiful at night. It's so hard to explain but I just love it. Do this at night when there are no waits and to walk through the queue. The whole experience is fun overall. 7/10
I enjoyed this. Sure, it isn't on par with some of the great dark rides of Disney's past, but I found it charming enough. It has an amazing queue as well some great animatronics. The whole experience is fun, and I try to ride it while at MK if only for the short waits and great queue. 6/10
Worth checking out once for it's great AA's and attention to detail.
I'm not a fan of Disney Princesses, but the Ursula animatronic is impressive! The queue is great. Otherwise, this ride is bad. I agree with Angela White, they closed the great Snow White ride and thought this would be a suitable replacement? 1971 Snow White is welcome back.
I don't understand the hate for this attraction. I thought it was very entertaining for a Fantasy Land family dark ride. We rode it eight times on our vacation and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. And it has one of the best queues in WDW.
It is an ok dark ride with some improvements. The animation looking animatronics look a bit cheap to me. Too rubbery.

Facebook YouTube Twitter Instagram Email Newsletter