We need to talk about A.S.S.

Edited: October 22, 2020, 3:09 AM

I recently completed a trip to WDW. As I continue to reflect on the new attractions I experienced since my last visit, one thing sticks out...Alien Swirling Saucers.

The thing about A.S.S. is that on the surface it doesn't seem as fun as some of the other enticing options in the vicinity. Once you've ridden A.S.S., it quickly rises to one of the more exciting attractions in DHS with a generally low wait. Most people probably see A.S.S. and think "No thanks!" However, this is a mistake! A.S.S. is a delight to ride. I found myself giggling uncontrollably and having so much fun while riding A.S.S. It was so much more fun than I thought it would be. Once I got off I imeaditley wanted to hop back on! A.S.S. can be ridden multiple times and the pleasure level doesn't drop. The next time you're in DHS do yourself a favor and hop on A.S.S. I guarantee you will leave smiling and satisfied.

Replies (13)

October 21, 2020, 11:27 PM

I can't tell whether this was intended to to be a double entendre or not...

October 21, 2020, 11:29 PM

Nope. Just a big fan of A.S.S.

October 21, 2020, 11:46 PM

@AndrewL-

Nice one lol

Edited: October 26, 2020, 5:38 PM

The main page is pretty dire. I thought I'd lighten the mood with some appreciation of A.S.S.

October 22, 2020, 12:44 AM

Got it - not a fan of standard flat rides, but I guess I should stop making A.S.S.umptions.

Edited: October 22, 2020, 10:47 AM

YES! AndrewL - Your A.S.S. gets Post of the Decade! LMAO!

October 22, 2020, 12:26 PM

A.S.S. is decent, but I've always considered myself more of an asTro orbITerS man.

October 22, 2020, 12:33 PM

Sounds like the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor would also be right up your alley.

October 22, 2020, 12:47 PM

Absolutely James. A 20-minute viewing of Monsters Inc Laugh Floor is an excellent way to recharge your engines on a hot day. If only you didn't have to park hop to ride A.S.S. afterwards.

October 22, 2020, 1:26 PM

I unfortunately didn't get an opportunity to experience A.S.S. on my visit to Florida last week due to hour-long waits, but I did get some time to take in the view of A.S.S. while queuing nearby and did discuss a group A.S.S. session with friends. Next time I'm in the vicinity, I'll try to get a ride on A.S.S. to find out just what I'm missing.

October 23, 2020, 12:36 PM

It's actually a fun ride, and sometimes has short wait times. Just don't ride with someone much heavier than you, you might get crushed.

October 24, 2020, 8:25 PM

Really applauding everyone's efforts to keep this going in the comments. Well done all.

October 24, 2020, 8:43 PM

I’m sure it’s fun, but I hate that kind of flat ride and am worried that I’d get whipped on the A.S.S. ride.

Need Discount Tickets?

Get Our Newsletter