This year's new attractions debut schedule takes shape
March 15, 2011, 9:27 AM ·
I wanted to let you know that I'll be heading up to Six Flags Magic Mountain tomorrow for the official opening (reopening?) of the park's newly revamped Superman launch coaster. I'll be posting a full report on Theme Park Insider tomorrow. But in the meantime, the schedule for this year's new attraction debuts is shaping up so I thought I'd list those upcoming premiere dates here. (Note that the list doesn't include the Windseeker rides opening at various Cedar Fair parks across the country.)
- March 16, Superman: Escape from Krypton, Six Flags Magic Mountain
- March 25, Barnstormer, Dollywood
March 26 (? - reported on SeaWorld Parks' blog, but I haven't gotten confirmation yet), Mach Tower, Busch Gardens Williamsburg
(No specific date yet) 22 (updated), One Ocean, SeaWorld Orlando
- April 22, Texas Giant, Six Flags Over Texas
- May 20, Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, Disney's Hollywood Studios
- May 27, Cheetah Hunt, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay; One Ocean, SeaWorld San Diego
- Memorial Day Weekend, Dare Devil Dive, Six Flags Over Georgia
- June 3, The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure, Disney's California Adventure; Star Tours: The Adventures Continue, Disneyland
- October (No specific date yet), Legoland Florida
Still awaiting word on these new attractions:
In most cases, these are media premiere days. Regular park visitors might be able to get on these attractions after the press events, but if you want to be certain to ride or watch, you're better off visiting right at park open the next day.
Update: Busch Gardens Tampa just sent this photo of the final section of track being installed on Cheetah Hunt:
Also, I changed the Mach Tower opening date to TBA, based on reader reports.
This article has been archived and is no longer accepting comments.